Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 7/2/2005 6:16:17 AM EDT
Greetings sweathogs!

How is your fitness plan for the year progressing? It is the halfway point for the year, time to fess up...

Time to rededicate yourself to your goals, or, if you have been slacking, to get back on the job!

I missed my goal to start weight lifting, but I am now signed up to take a class in August.

Five weeks ago I made my target of loosing enough weight (104 lbs...I started at 350 last year and now am down to 246) to get on my bicycle; that stationary bike is pure torture!

Yesterday I cycled over five hours (in 100 degree heat) and covered nearly 70 miles.

And no one threw anything at me!

How about you?

Did you challenge yourself this year to improve your health?

How's it going? It's not too late to start!
Link Posted: 7/2/2005 9:18:39 AM EDT
[#1]
I usually set 2 goals for the year.  A midterm and a yearly goal.  I hit one midterm and missed the other.  The one I hit was a squat over 300 lbs.  I did a 315.  I was impressed.   The one I missed was I wanted to dumbell press 100 lbs.  I missed that one.  In the words of old men everywhere, I just couldn't get it up.  I can do reps on 90's but the 100 just stayed in the hole.  I'll keep working on it.  It will come.  

BTW, nice work in the weight loss department.  
Link Posted: 7/2/2005 9:23:55 AM EDT
[#2]
Congrats.  I am chugging along towards mine.  

Dropped 20 pounds since April.

For two weeks in a row now knocked out 14 mile Sat AM runs

Competed in my first Tri in 10 years

In 2 weeks will do my first 1/2 marathon in 10 years

God willing will do a 1/2 IM in Sept and the Richmond marathon in Nov.
Link Posted: 7/2/2005 10:27:39 AM EDT
[#3]
Great work Storm Surge! You will reach your goals.
Link Posted: 7/2/2005 1:24:20 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 7/2/2005 4:09:45 PM EDT
[#5]
Putting the plan together now, starting it tomorrow.
Weight now: 275
GOAL: 225 by 12.18.05

Link Posted: 7/3/2005 9:05:02 AM EDT
[#6]
I didn't make my goal, but am still plugging along. I started '05 at 245lbs and am currently at 213lbs. I'd hoped to be down to 200-205lbs by this time, but for some reason I've hit a serious wall. I'm still running 5-6 miles at least five days a week, eating healthy, and drinking tons of water (still no sodas since New Years Day!), so I guess my body has just gotten used to the routine. I need to shake things up, but it's hard to find more time. I generally run at work on my lunch hour, but the temperatures are getting to the point where I need to move it to early morning or late evening.

I know the important thing for me is to not get discouraged and to stick with my plan, so if there's any one else out there in the same boat, stick with it and don't give up.
Link Posted: 7/3/2005 11:13:50 AM EDT
[#7]
Still crawling along...My son left for basic a couple weeks ago and I vowed to make significant progress while he's gone. If I don't he's going to be in much better shape than me and may even have a chance of kicking my ass. Except for the axiom that age and cunning will overcome youth and enthusiam every time.
Link Posted: 7/5/2005 9:50:09 PM EDT
[#8]
Still working hard to get under a 2 hour half Marathon. I planned on doing 2 more half marathons this year. I already signed up for my October one. I am going to a 10 mile road race in August instead, I am going to shoot for 9 minute miles there and 1 hour 57 minutes in the half marathon.
Link Posted: 7/6/2005 11:57:22 AM EDT
[#9]
Exercise-wise I am doing great.  I regularly run 18-20 miles per week, and do 2 weight workouts in addition.   Had a physical in April and all my indicators (blood, etc) are very healthy.  Sunday I ran 6 miles but felt like I could have run a half marathon.  Never in my life (38 yrs) have I been in this good of aerobic shape, even when I played rugby in college.

What is frustrating though is I am not really losing weight.  My pants are are still as tight as they had been, and I simply haven't leaned out like I think I should have by now.  The culprit is my eating habits.  When I track my calories I go anywhere from 2400 to 3000 calories per day, and I need to keep it under 2200 (ideally 2000) per day to lose weight.  It seems the running has really cranked up my metabolism -- read hunger level -- so I chow down.

ETA: and I don't drink soda or eat chips!  Arrgh!

So for exercise it's a big but for weight loss it is a just-as-big for me so far this year.
Link Posted: 7/6/2005 12:05:00 PM EDT
[#10]
My goals for this year:

1. Run 5K
2. Drop weight to 240

Progress:
1. Plantar Fasciitis is a bitch.  No go.  Still running 1 mile every once in a while, but if I push it then it will hurt like hell.  9 minute mile.
2. I'm down to 255.  Once I hit 240, I may have to revise it down to 220.  
Link Posted: 7/6/2005 5:41:16 PM EDT
[#11]
My goals for this year were to get as ripped as I can, and then go into another gaining cycle. I am getting pretty close to my goal of being ripped. I can see my upper and now middle abs. I just need to get rid of that little bit left around the waist. I will post pics when I have had all I can take of weight loss.
Link Posted: 7/7/2005 5:25:48 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
My goals for this year:

1. Run 5K
2. Drop weight to 240

Progress:
1. Plantar Fasciitis is a bitch.  No go.  Still running 1 mile every once in a while, but if I push it then it will hurt like hell.  9 minute mile.

How are you treating it? Do you have a set of customized orthotics? If you dont go to a good foot doctor and get a pair made. Dont get a a pai at the store and really stay away  the ones you do yourself by heating and standing on. Cutome made one correct your problem by teaching yur foot to lay the proper way. The one that you make your only aggrevate the problem more becuase your put your inperfection into your insole.
Link Posted: 7/8/2005 1:22:37 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
My goals for this year:

1. Run 5K
2. Drop weight to 240

Progress:

I came down with PF last year trainging for the Army 10 miler.  Aggravating factors for me were:  weight (205ish at the time), running in the early AM before my body had loosened up, not recognizing the early symptons (extreme tightness in my calfs[calves?] when I got out of bed), and not enough stretching before and after running.

I took a few weeks off running, bought insoles with more arch support, stopped running at 0500, and added more cross training.  

To treat the symptoms I bought a couple PF treatments from Road Runner Sports - a foot massager and a splint to sleep in.  I also froze a full water bottle and rolled my foot over it 2-3 times/day.  So far so good.  It also helped to modify diet and drop weight.  Good luck - PF is a bitch.  Don't run through too much pain - it can cause permanent damage.
Link Posted: 7/12/2005 3:34:13 PM EDT
[#14]
Well, I'm on vacation right now, starting my plan on the 17th when I get back.
That is exactly 5 months away from my weigh in.
Been doing cardio, walks on the beach twice a day, but I plan on hitting the weights hard
when I get back.
I will post monthly updates with my progress.
Link Posted: 7/13/2005 6:45:15 PM EDT
[#15]
I haven't set any specific goals beyond just eating better and exercising more consistently.

My personal wake-up call came on my 37th birthday (late March) when I weighed in at 372 lbs (My highest was 378 on 01/01/2005).  I changed my eating habits and began to ride my Airdyne on a regular basis.  I did well for 2 months and dropped down to about 358 lbs.  Then I began to slack off and have maintained around 362 for the past two months while exercising sporadically at best and eating very poorly.

On 07/05/2005 I got back on my real bicyle for the first time in about 7 years.  That first ride was @ 2 miles and I thought I was going to die!!  My second ride was 4 miles and was also terribly difficult.

The next two rides were 5 miles each and the last 2 were 6 miles each.

I feel pretty good that at 360+ lbs, having not been on a bike in 7 years I am riding 6 miles at an average speed of 12 mph after only six rides!!  I am having to stop a couple of times per ride and I actually coast for 10-15 seconds several times per ride but those have been decreasing with each subsequent ride.  I think getting some riding shoes and a more comfortable seat will eliminate most of that completely.  

Right now my only goals are a general improvement in my eating habits and to keep up this bike riding.  Back in the mid-to-late 90's I was riding alot and that was the only period in my adult life I've not been obese.  It was also the happiest period of my adult life.  I don't think that's a coincidence.  
Link Posted: 7/13/2005 7:56:03 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
I haven't set any specific goals beyond just eating better and exercising more consistently.

My personal wake-up call came on my 37th birthday (late March) when I weighed in at 372 lbs (My highest was 378 on 01/01/2005).  I changed my eating habits and began to ride my Airdyne on a regular basis.  I did well for 2 months and dropped down to about 358 lbs.  Then I began to slack off and have maintained around 362 for the past two months while exercising sporadically at best and eating very poorly.

On 07/05/2005 I got back on my real bicyle for the first time in about 7 years.  That first ride was @ 2 miles and I thought I was going to die!!  My second ride was 4 miles and was also terribly difficult.

The next two rides were 5 miles each and the last 2 were 6 miles each.

How tall are you corwin?

My experience is similar to yours... I just turned 40; I cycled a lot but stopped about 7 years ago when I started college. I've been building back up slowly and dropped over a hundred pounds in the last year and a half; I started at 350.

Keep it up!

I feel pretty good that at 360+ lbs, having not been on a bike in 7 years I am riding 6 miles at an average speed of 12 mph after only six rides!!  I am having to stop a couple of times per ride and I actually coast for 10-15 seconds several times per ride but those have been decreasing with each subsequent ride.  I think getting some riding shoes and a more comfortable seat will eliminate most of that completely.  

Right now my only goals are a general improvement in my eating habits and to keep up this bike riding.  Back in the mid-to-late 90's I was riding alot and that was the only period in my adult life I've not been obese.  It was also the happiest period of my adult life.  I don't think that's a coincidence.  

Link Posted: 7/27/2005 8:23:18 AM EDT
[#17]
I didn't fall back but I lost a lot of steam this year after I was in the hospital with a kidney infection. I'm at 235 and my goal by next June is under 200. I've been lifting, so it's difficult to gauge weight loss- I've had to buy a lot of different sizes of pants though. I did body measurements so I can gauge muscle gain/weight loss easier.
I've still lost about 15lbs this year and seen a lot of improvement in my quads. I've got my deadlfit past pre-hospital weights, but my overhead press and curls are slow to regain. I'm slowly getting back up to speed without injury.
I've been using the heat as an excuse for less cardio, but I'm getting the jump rope out so I can at least do that indoors.
Link Posted: 7/27/2005 9:50:15 AM EDT
[#18]
I started the year w/o any goals.  On 01/03/05 I smoked my last smoke and w/o any foreplanning quit (again).

In May, I started having the same thoughts that foiled all my previous cessation attempts.  A non-inclusive list:
1) I didn't feel any better for having stopped.
2) Sleep was no more productive
3) I had no surplus money
4) Food didn't taste any better
5) I put on no weight (I'm pretty narrow, and I could easily handle another 20-25 lbs without issue)
6) The only sense of smells that I was more sensitive to were the cat-box and a cigarette.

So.. realizing that I was on the road back to a pack a day, I started running.  I set a goal to run a 20 minute 5k in a year (4/20/06).

So far I've logged 200 miles.  I'm running near or over 20 miles a week.  My 5k times are around 24:30, and I ran a 40:30 5 mile run Monday night.  I really haven't gotten into "formal" workouts yet like hills/tempo runs/intervals, etc.   I basically try to get in one 8-10 mile run, one fast 4 or 5 mile run, and a couple lazy 4-5 mile runs.

The smoke-urges are still there.... but I'm "for damn sure" not going to screw up all my work by submitting to them.
Link Posted: 7/27/2005 9:54:46 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Progress:

How are you treating it? Do you have a set of customized orthotics? If you dont go to a good foot doctor and get a pair made. Dont get a a pai at the store and really stay away  the ones you do yourself by heating and standing on. Cutome made one correct your problem by teaching yur foot to lay the proper way. The one that you make your only aggrevate the problem more becuase your put your inperfection into your insole.

Treating it with stretching, rolling my foot on a golfball, and NSAIDs.    I don't have the $ for a doctor visit and frankly I hate doctors.
The foot is hurting less these days, but then again I am running less.
My mile is down to 8 minutes and my weight, this morning, was 249.  I haven't seen this side of 200 in far too long.

I think I can run a 7 mm - really, it's only a little faster and I get to do it for a whole minute less LOL.  We'll see.  When I run faster, I strike more on my forefoot, which doesn't hurt.

Link Posted: 7/27/2005 10:34:16 AM EDT
[#20]
I started my fitness plan yesterday. A friend and fellow ARFCOM member and myself agreed to challenge one another to lose weight and get in shape. We both weigh 260 he is around 6'2" I am 6'3". We have set the first milestone at 225 by September 1st. I  Started off yesterday with 15 or 20 minutes on my bike. Today I did 20 minutes on the bike and some upper body weight training. I am changing my diet as much as possible to help support my goal. It helps to have someone to push me and a goal to work forward to.
Link Posted: 7/27/2005 8:50:41 PM EDT
[#21]
That's great, sharpknife! Remember, ease into it. "Frog in a pot of boiling water" and all that. You will get there.
Link Posted: 7/28/2005 2:24:35 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
I started my fitness plan yesterday. A friend and fellow ARFCOM member and myself agreed to challenge one another to lose weight and get in shape. We both weigh 260 he is around 6'2" I am 6'3". We have set the first milestone at 225 by September 1st. I  Started off yesterday with 15 or 20 minutes on my bike. Today I did 20 minutes on the bike and some upper body weight training. I am changing my diet as much as possible to help support my goal. It helps to have someone to push me and a goal to work forward to.

Congrats on your commitment to a healthier lifestyle.  Please be careful about setting overly ambitious goals.  35 pounds is a pretty big chunk for 5 weeks - a pound/day.  Keep the exercise coming, but don't overdo it and risk an injury.
Link Posted: 7/28/2005 9:54:16 AM EDT
[#23]
I'm running twice a day now [which I typically do in the summer] but other than that - I haven't done too well.  I'm really suffering from chronic fatigue.  Patty
Link Posted: 7/28/2005 8:32:10 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
I'm running twice a day now [which I typically do in the summer] but other than that - I haven't done too well.  I'm really suffering from chronic fatigue.  Patty

Careful with the running, Patty. I got up to 10 miles a day, then my knee went out.

That was 20 years ago...and its still not fully healed.

Think about something low impact.
Link Posted: 7/28/2005 8:48:14 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Careful with the running, Patty. I got up to 10 miles a day, then my knee went out.

That was 20 years ago...and its still not fully healed.

Think about something low impact.

Good advice - unfortunately [or fortuantely] its part of my job.  I raise German Shorthaired Pointers and train them to hunt.  Part of their training program involves my running with them.  I love it though, keeps me active, keeps me in shape [for the most part].

Patty
Link Posted: 7/29/2005 1:13:06 PM EDT
[#26]
Okay, I don't have any specific goals for this year. Just to continue on with what I started in April of 03. I've probably lost 75 pounds this year, so added to what I already lost, I've gone from 450 to 199 in 2 years, 4 months.
Link Posted: 7/29/2005 4:10:41 PM EDT
[#27]
Update:  Ran my first 1/2 marathon in 10 years weekend before last.  Course was dead flat, temps in the high 70s with lots of humidity.  I knocked it our in 1:46:30, my second best time at the distance.  Tomorrow brings a 16 mile training run - it will tie the longest distance I have run in my life followed by 75 on the bike Sunday.  Hang in there in the heat everybody.
Link Posted: 7/30/2005 4:30:46 PM EDT
[#28]
I'm still chugging along. Finally broke the 210lbs barrier this week. Took some serious pushing of the old body (36), but I think I'm finally past the "plateau" (SP?) I've been on for the past couple months. I did 8 miles up and back in the canyon last Thursday (American Fork Canyon if any of you have ever been to Timpanogas Cave here in Utah), and another 11 miles up and back this morning. I felt pretty good other than the downhill takes some definate getting used......

I'm registered for two half-marathons this next month, both of which are runs out of various canyons here in Utah (Provo and Hobble Creek), so I figured I better start kicking up the  mileage and getting in some downhill. I've been running with my dad who is 63 years old, and while I'm a little bit faster, he has the endurance of a mountain goat and can go forever! It's great to have someone to run with and who inspires me to do better!

Hope everyone else is making progress and meeting their goals. DON'T GIVE UP!
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 9:18:36 AM EDT
[#29]
Guys,

Just thought I'd give an update and maybe jump start this thread again. I ran the first of two half marathons this morning. Actually did a little better than I expected. I was shooting for anything under 2 hours and was able to finish in 1:51:00, which is a little under 9 minute miles. I have another half in two weeks and am shooting for under 1:50:00.

How's everyone else doing?
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 6:10:48 PM EDT
[#30]
Update:
I have lost 8 pounds so far. It has been rather slow going for my 37 year old body but I can't comlpain. I am starting to feel better. I may have set to steep of a goal but the time to get to the goal is not as important as getting there. I had  been riding a heavy old style cruiser bicycle and walking which was ok but I Purchased a new TREK Road bike and this has been good for keeping me motivated. I already have a thread on the bike so I won't go into details here other than it has allowed me to ride about twice as long and I had been, and it definatley has excited and  remotivated me. My friend and I have put up our own website to blog our progress and give each other a rash o shit every once in awhile, it is fun and I am confident that I will see 225 soon.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 5:44:15 PM EDT
[#31]
Oh ****!
I weighed in this morning: 280lbs
I think I'm going to cry....that's the heaviest I've ever been!
I answered it with going to the gym afterward.
That's it, no more pizza,beer, or eating out for a while. My laziness is killing me.
Will check back in 30 with my progress.
GOAL: 225 by 12/18
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 6:44:22 PM EDT
[#32]
That's a pretty high goal, RSF45

Shooting for the moon is good, but don't burn out prematurley trying too hard at first. Ease into it.
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 2:44:38 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
Oh ****!
I weighed in this morning: 280lbs
I think I'm going to cry....that's the heaviest I've ever been!
I answered it with going to the gym afterward.
That's it, no more pizza,beer, or eating out for a while. My laziness is killing me.
Will check back in 30 with my progress.
GOAL: 225 by 12/18

Shoot for 1-2 pounds a week is an acceptable goal. The faster the weight come off the easier for it to come back on.
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 6:05:10 PM EDT
[#34]
Well my goal this year is to run a Half Marathon in under two hours. Planned on running one in September but I will be gone on vacation, so I settled for a 10 mile road race. Well Its tomorrow, I am running The Crim in Flint. I am shooting for 9 minute miles, I signed up for my October half Marathon so this will be a good test and training run.
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 8:19:31 PM EDT
[#35]
I just started a class doing Circuit Weight workouts, which I have put off signing up for a while. I hope it helps; at least it gets me off that damn bike two days a week!
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 11:10:31 PM EDT
[#36]
Ran my second half marathon of the season today. Missed my goal of 1:50:00 by a minute, but I'm still happy with my time. My dad is preparing to run the St. George, Utah Marathon, so I'll be doing some longer training runs with him over the next few weeks, then I'll probably start cutting back my mileage.

Hope everyone else is still hanging in there. Winter is just around the corner, so don't get lazy....
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 4:32:13 PM EDT
[#37]
Winter sucks! Makes it harder to get a good workout in...

But don't let that be an excuse, slackers!
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 9:46:48 PM EDT
[#38]
Well I am back from vacation. I ran the 10 mile race in 1:32:40 around 9:16 a mile. I ran 9:45 miles in my last half Marathon. Theoretically this shows I could run my 13.1 in under 2 hours, I have the speed to do it. I just have to make sure I dont fall off as much at the end. I plan on adding some 10 mile and 12 mile runs and atleast one 14 miler and some good hill work outs. Overall I was happy with my performance. I am improving and as long as I am doing that I will be happy.

While on vaction I got some runs in, the trails were nice. I did not get alot of distance in becuase I just came off a hard race and training plan. So I kept the miles down, and slowed down and took in the sights. Now that I am home its time to get back to business.
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 5:11:51 AM EDT
[#39]
Here's my monthly update: I haven't done jack.
Moving, getting settled, eating like crap, etc...
However, I will be checking out the local gym tonight.
I know, I know...

StormSurge ->      <- Me
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 7:13:49 PM EDT
[#40]
Okay folks we're in the last quarter of the year...3 months left in this fitness cycle; how's it going with your progress?

Mine is not going so well. I was loosing 4-8 lbs a week for the past year and a half; the last two weeks: zip. Zero. Nada.

And I am exercizing more than ever...started lifting weights 8 weeks ago twice a week; this took the place of two bike rides.

Unless I can get off this plateu, I ain't gonna meet this year's weight loss goal...
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 4:43:00 PM EDT
[#41]

FWIW on wed. I did 3 sets of pullups.  50 total.  Did a set of 18 and 2 sets of 16.  Never done that many before.  Nailed it again today.  My weight keeps dropping.  The hurricane had me down to 188.  I am back up to 193 after a serious eating bout.  I am trying to get to 200 by the end of the year.  I will gain some, and then for some reason, it just drops off.  
Link Posted: 10/8/2005 2:51:01 AM EDT
[#42]
Well two weeks to my Next Half Marathon. I got a 12 mile run in last week with hills. It took me 1 hour 50 minutes. I think I just might do it this time.
Link Posted: 10/21/2005 10:51:58 PM EDT
[#43]
Well one day to go to my next big race. This is it, this is what I trained all summer for. Shooting hard for under 2 hours. 13.1 miles Maintain a 9 minute a mile pace and I will be in like flint.
Link Posted: 10/23/2005 5:00:41 PM EDT
[#44]
Alright I achieved my goal today, I wanted to run under a 2hour half marathon and I did. 1:57:54 I am very happy with my time. I am really going to make it a point to take a shot at 26.2 next year.
Link Posted: 11/5/2005 2:54:03 PM EDT
[#45]
My goal this school year is to get up to 185lbs. I started the semester at 165, now at about 178 thanks to lifting hard and eating alot, taking protein supplements etc. Im getting there slowly but surely. Now Im thinking I want to increase my endurance via boxing, get quick and agile when it comes to fighting, while putting on some mass.
Link Posted: 11/11/2005 5:18:54 AM EDT
[#46]
I finally nailed it.  I did 100 lb.  dumbells off a flat bench.  I set this goal for June, but it didn't happen.  Today it finally happened.  I got stuck at 80-85 for a long time.  I don't know what it was, but I couldn't go higher.  Then in the last 4 weeks the weight has increased quickly.  I'm happy.
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 6:00:30 PM EDT
[#47]
My fitness plan for 2005 was a complete failure.
Tomorrow I start my regimen to meet a couple goals, one set for 2.19.06 and the other for my
birthday in April. How did the rest of you fare on your plan?
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 12:40:47 PM EDT
[#48]
2005 has been a good year for me.

Sometime in early January, when I was feeling particularly miserable, I got up on the scale and my weight was 378lbs.  

I haven't really been trying hard to lose weight but over the course of the year I dropped down into the low-to-mid 360's.  Every once in a while I would eat healthy for a few weeks and get down to the mid 350's and then pop right back up.  

The day after Thanksgiving I went in for a sleep study and it was one of the most miserable experiences of my life.  I went home the next day and vowed to make some changes.  

I've been lifting weights 2 or 3 times per week, riding a Schwinn Airdyne 5 or 6 times per week (I'm at 10 miles a day now) and eating much less.  

This morning I weighed in at 347 lbs which is the first time I've been below 350 in years.  Looking in the mirror I can see a difference but the main thing is how I feel.  I've lost 31 pounds but it feels like I've lost 131 lbs!!  

I've broken thru two plateaus:

1)  354 lbs is where I've been plateauing all year.  I've finally punched thru.

2)  3 weeks has been my endurance level for any kind of lifestyle changes.  By the end of 3 weeks I've been reverting back to my old ways.  This time, it's been a little over 3 weeks and my motivation is increasing rather than decreasing.  I enjoy the way I feel right now much more than I enjoy eating fatty foods and being completely sedentary.

Hopefully I can make these changes a permanent part of my lifestyle and my goal for 2006 is to have lost at least 100 lbs.  
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 5:09:59 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:
I've lost 31 pounds but it feels like I've lost 131 lbs!!  

31 pounds! Good for you, Congratulations!!!!!!!!  
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 6:51:01 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

Sometime in early January, when I was feeling particularly miserable, I got up on the scale and my weight was 378lbs.  

I haven't really been trying hard to lose weight but over the course of the year I dropped down into the low-to-mid 360's.  Every once in a while I would eat healthy for a few weeks and get down to the mid 350's and then pop right back up.  

The day after Thanksgiving I went in for a sleep study and it was one of the most miserable experiences of my life.  I went home the next day and vowed to make some changes.  

I've been lifting weights 2 or 3 times per week, riding a Schwinn Airdyne 5 or 6 times per week (I'm at 10 miles a day now) and eating much less.  

This morning I weighed in at 347 lbs which is the first time I've been below 350 in years.  Looking in the mirror I can see a difference but the main thing is how I feel.  I've lost 31 pounds but it feels like I've lost 131 lbs!!  

I've broken thru two plateaus:

1)  354 lbs is where I've been plateauing all year.  I've finally punched thru.

2)  3 weeks has been my endurance level for any kind of lifestyle changes.  By the end of 3 weeks I've been reverting back to my old ways.  This time, it's been a little over 3 weeks and my motivation is increasing rather than decreasing.  I enjoy the way I feel right now much more than I enjoy eating fatty foods and being completely sedentary.

Hopefully I can make these changes a permanent part of my lifestyle and my goal for 2006 is to have lost at least 100 lbs.  

Dude, keep up the good work!! You can do it! I did, and if I can do it, you can.

I've lost over a 100 pounds 4 times in my life, NOT counting my current effort. One of those times, I lost over 150 pounds, only to gain it all back, as I did in ALL my previous attempts.

Until this time!!!!!! This time I've lost 270 pounds and counting. That's from over 450 pounds to my current 186 pounds. And I'm as committed now, as when I started in April of 2003.

It isn't easy, God knows it's not easy, but the changes in your life will ASTOUND you. Especially if you grew up fat, like I did, and have NEVER known anything else.

Keep it going!!! and congratulations!!

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top