Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/23/2004 6:21:50 AM EDT
Well, I let one of the personal trainers at our gym talk me into doing this group fitness class yesterday...and boy was that a mistake.
First of all, the workout wasn't any better than my usual cardio workout on the treadmill, so it felt like a waste of time.
Worse, some of the stuff they did was very, well...gay.
But worst of all, one of the exercises involved arm extensions with light dumbbells and, not being used to that particular exercise, I didn't watch my form and wound up straining my left rhomboid.  Which meant I couldn't do my shoulders and tris or my back workout this week because it hurts like hell when I try to lift something over my head or do pulldowns from over my head.
That's the last time I listen to one of those hack personal trainers and damned sure the last time I attend a group fitness class.
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 7:27:01 AM EDT
[#1]
nothing ventured, nothing gained...I get into routines and don't like to leave them either.
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 3:02:58 PM EDT
[#2]
A lot of personal trainers try to make things easy so that they can keep clients.  I will give them some credit because you have to be very creative to come up with 500 exercises that use a tiny dumbell and a huge rubber ball.
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 7:35:21 AM EDT
[#3]
C'mon......you just joined the workout "fitness group" to watch the poooon positions. You'd be surprised how the "little" exercises compound over time.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top