Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/11/2004 2:48:16 AM EDT
Started with 10 minutes on the stair climber. Started feeling a bit faint, so I called it quits.

MAN I'm out of shape! Still, gotta start somewhere!

I'll be doing the Abs diet (combined with Atkins to an extent), too. Let's see how it goes.

Any prayers and/or encouragement will be appreciated. I have zero, ZERO, self-discipline.

I'll post updates as I go. Hopefully it will keep me honest with myself....
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 12:53:13 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 4:19:45 PM EDT
[#2]
Every journey starts with the first step.  Keep going.

I train in BJJ twice a week at 0630-0730 hours.  I work Afternoons 3-11pm, so I don't always get enuff sleep before going to class.   But I receit to myself the ad slogan I saw many years ago for the Soloflex machine.....Anyone can hit the snooze.  Are you different, or just like the rest of the sheep?

Good for you.  Best wishes.
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 6:30:38 AM EDT
[#3]
Well, it fell apart already.

Extremely difficult to eat right when the selection of restaurants is not great, and you have no way for making your own.

Sigh. I'll try again on Monday.....

Story of my fucking life....
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 6:33:59 AM EDT
[#4]
why do you have to eat at a resturant?

just go to the local grocery store and buy the "good" stuff.

IT's what you have to do.  

Getting started is THE hardest part.. keep at it, IT WILL PAY OFF!!!!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 8:26:35 AM EDT
[#5]
I'm living in hotels for the foreseeable future, and these rooms don't have refridgerators, microwaves, or anything else.

BTW: I know I'm still not doing other things I should be doing, it's just that THIS doesn't help.
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 8:30:29 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 9:06:34 AM EDT
[#7]
Hey Zaphod ...

Ya gots a lot of good advise from your fellow posters.

If I may add ... a salid is a good choice too. I like turkey meat and hard boiled eggs along with it.

Start out doing the "Sabbath walk", about 2 miles I think. That's in the OT.

Keep yourself walking and then jog a short distance, keep moving.

Jehovah Maccaddeshcem!
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 7:46:34 PM EDT
[#8]
The main thing is to keep it up the exercise. The healthy will come along on its own if you exercise, you will start to feel better, then you will eat better. Salads chicken and turkey good stuff to get at resturants. 20 minute goal on the Stair master is not a bad goal. If you only can do 10 minutes, go 10 minutes and switch to the tread mill for 10 minutes. Then back on the stair master until you cant anymore. if its 10 minutes your done for the day. Try it again the next day on the Stairmaster go as long as you can hopefully its 10 more minutes, if it 12 then hit the treadmill again 10 mintues. (nice brisk walk) and back to the stair again for your 20 minutes total.  Keep trying to go longer on the stair master everyday. Shoot for 3 days in row working out then one off. Work out one day and take another day off, then start the 3 day on again. If you miss a day dont worry go at it again. Switch up treadmill with stationary bike to add some variety to your work out. I would stay away from the eliptical for you easy cool down exercise. Just remember start and keep going forward. always try to go longer and longer. I am thinking your doing this stuff in the gym hopefully I am not wrong. Exercise will lead to a better. Campbells Chunky beef and vegetable soups are good easy meals. Keep it up and let us know how you are doing. Dont forget a Multi vitamin, it will help with your energySend me an instant message if you need me to clear up what I was saying.
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 4:53:34 PM EDT
[#9]
Good Luck Zaphod !
I, like you, are badly out of shape and have zero self discipline.
I've been trying to get in shape for a while but can't seem to stick with it.
Trying to start again, we'll see what happens.....
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top