Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/3/2004 5:27:52 PM EDT
Just wondering what kind supplements everybody takes. I am a long distance runner. I take meal replacement shake (strawberry shortcake flavored Spirutein). I drink Gatorade while I run and after. I often take Power gel before I run if its going to be a long run. I have also been taking Glucosamine and Chondroitin for joint health. Anybody else take Glucosamine and Chondroitin. So just wondering what everybody else takes and what kind of training your into.
Link Posted: 8/4/2004 9:15:25 AM EDT
[#1]
I am primarily a body builder, and I do suplement my diet with Optimum Nutrition protein. Other than that, I just try to eat as healthy as possible. lots of vegitables, fruit, and what not.  
Link Posted: 8/7/2004 6:37:15 PM EDT
[#2]
I do  3-5 miles about 5 days a week, throwing in an 8-10 miler every so often, use a split that hits each muscle group about twice per week... about 12 sets per workout.  

I take Triflex (glucosamine, chondroitin and MSM) every day.  It worked miracles on what used to be my bunk ankle, so I'm a big believer.

Also Nitrotech bars or shakes (i like chocolate) after workouts and beofre bed.

Ill cycle on and off of Cell-tech because its too expensive for me to keep taking.  Same thing with whatever testosterone enhancer is catching my fancy at the moment... I usually go with Z-Mass.

Gatorade/Powerade for runs, and iI try to eat healthy in general, except for weekends which are my cheat days. Oh, and lots of water.

I also take L-Arginine, but that helps out in a different department.
Link Posted: 8/8/2004 4:01:44 AM EDT
[#3]
At home:

Some kind of powdered whey protien a few times a day.
Gatoraide mixed with protien powder before/during/after workouts.
(I go for a 3:1, carbs:protien ratio)
1/2 of a centrum multi-vitamin before workouts.
I've just started Creatine 2 days ago...using EAS Phosphagen HP.

Away from home: (I travel for a living)

Either Met-Rx or Myoplex shakes once a day, usually for breakfast.

In the past I've used a cycle of Testosterone booster and Estrogen supressors. Got OK results but I'm not real keen on screwing with my endocrine system....
Link Posted: 8/9/2004 8:59:03 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Anybody else take Glucosamine and Chondroitin.

Yes, it worked for me for a bad TMJ joint.

When I ran cross-country i ate tons of banannas & oranges. I limit my running to 3miles/20minutes 5 days a week now. Trying to put on muscle and too much running, or any distance running, is counter productive for me.
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 8:08:42 PM EDT
[#5]
I have bad knees from too much basketball and being too tall.  It  used to hurt like hell to bend at the knee greater than 90 dgerees.  I take glucosamine/chondroiten/MSM and now it only hurts a little.   I don't take nearly as much NSAIDs as I used to because of it.

Good stuff.
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 1:43:00 PM EDT
[#6]
How do you know the appropriate amount of MSM?
Based on body mass, or is there a standard dose?

Thanks,

Gwen in L.A.
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 9:31:38 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 12:44:51 PM EDT
[#8]
My work out consists of 15 minutes of stretching/crunches/pushups, 30 minutes of cardio I prefer the eliptical trainer, MUCH less impact on your joints and depending on your level of intensity, WILL WORK YOUR BUTT OFF!! Plus it is an excersize that I enjoy . Then 30-45 minutes of wieght training followed by 15 minutes of cool down stretching and some boxing drills. Then I'll go to the range and excersize my trigger finger. My supplements consist of Natures Youth "Daily Defense" for men and for a boost ,thier "Diet Lift"product. It really gives me a good boost of energy and I'm not wired like on caffiene plus you don't have the crash after the coffee has left your system. As far as food goes , I eat as healthy as I can. You know the standard, lots of water , lots of vegetables/fruit,fish and lean poultry. Oh I forgot , I also take a coctail of Apple Cider Vinegar also known as ACV 3 times a day. It is a SERIOUS anti-oxidant!! For info on this youo can go to www.bragg.com. They have all the info on this stuff. I love it ! Anyway. Take care. Coondog
V
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 10:01:45 PM EDT
[#9]
I take:
Gultamine powder 2x a day (directly following workout and then 2 hours after that);
Triflex 3x day;
Mega Mens 2x day;
Vitamin C;
Vitamin D & K;
Multi-oil blend 3x day.

I do:
Weight Training 6x week (2 days upper body, 2 days core - abs, obliquies, hip flexors, lower back, 2 days lower body)
Cardiovascular Training 6x week (running 2 - 4 days, eliptical trainer 2 - 4 days)
I do my cardio workouts in the morning prior to breakfast and do my weight training in the evenings usually after my 4th meal.

I eat:
6x day - usually 2 or 3 of those meals are made up of MRP's (EAS Myoplex or Prolab Lean Mass) the rest of the time it is a clean diet consisting of high-quality protein w/ a complex carb (hard to leave fruit alone, though) and vegtables to fill up w/.

I take 1 day off per week and do/eat what I want to - this has been so important to making my regimen a llifestyle instead of a program that I burn out on.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top