Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/19/2003 6:08:13 PM EDT
OK today was the day for my shoulder and leg workout.  I continue to make good progress.

The 1st exercise in my leg workout is the leg press.  I bumped up the weight higher than I have gone before and midway through my second set I felt my quads starting to cramp up, so I stopped.  I dropped the weight 40 pounds and finished my 3rd set, starting to feel the cramps come on towards the end of the set.

What can I do to avoid cramping up in the future?  I stretched my muscles out pretty well just before I hit the leg press.  So I thought.  Any other tips?
Link Posted: 11/20/2003 6:58:51 AM EDT
[#1]
are you drinking enough water while you are lifting?  if you take any kind of caffeine pills or something before the gym they will dehydrate you badly.  since leg press is first are  you warming up and acclimating up to your work sets?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top