Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/26/2003 6:35:29 AM EDT
I signed up over at www.fitrex.com to help me plan a new workout.  In the past i have done 3 and 4 day splits and I was just looking for something a little different.  Here is the 'body building' 4 day routine they came up with (I saved it off to my site):

[url]http://home.indy.rr.com/myexplorer/workout.htm[/url]

What do you guys think of this routine?  I am used to doing 8 reps max w/ heavier weights so this is a little odd to me.  According to their site, this is a 'medium' week where you should be able to do all of the sets they recommend.  The follwing week is then a 'hard' week, followed by an 'easy' week... any thoughts or opinions on this workout or on fitrex?

-Nuke
Link Posted: 6/26/2003 11:15:08 AM EDT
[#1]
IMHO, it is unlike any plan I have ever seen. No way in hell should you be able to do arm training after quads IF you are training quads the right way.

20 and 15 rep sets are pretty much pointless for "body building" unless you are doing an occassional "drop set" or "shock set".

This whole plan they come up w/ might be cool for a change of pace though so all is not lost :)
You could always treat it as a "shock plan" to get you out of the 8rep max scheme for a couple week, Nucular. I can't see any point in doing it long term.

Hopefully fitrex.com didn't steal too much cash from you for this.
Link Posted: 6/26/2003 2:47:39 PM EDT
[#2]
No, it's free so I'm not out anything.  I have never done full body workouts and like you say, it seems counterproductive.  A change of pace won't hurt though.  I do like having supersets.  When I go back to 8 reps, I may incorporate some of those into my routine.

-Nuke
Link Posted: 6/26/2003 3:11:58 PM EDT
[#3]
Cool!
If you follow the plan it will be interesting to see what you get from it!
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 6:58:57 PM EDT
[#4]
That is a ton of sets.  I'm with GMP about the quads thing.  I can barely walk to my truck and drive home after I do legs but you never know what works for you until you try it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top