Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/21/2003 2:21:26 PM EDT
hiking or jogging/running?

I have had good results with creatine but was wondering if it is something I should take before and after I hike or ride bike or jog?
Link Posted: 6/22/2003 11:34:24 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 6/22/2003 5:48:48 PM EDT
[#2]
I don't do any long-distance running or cycling, so I don't have any personal experience with it.  However, I'm training two girls now that bike 20 miles twice a week with a group of local ministers and church workers that strongly recommend using creatine in small doses of less than 5g per day or about twice that if you don't eat red meat.  They were told that creatine makes you more dehydrated and more likely to experience cramping so using it in larger doses hurts performance.  Also, the increased weight from taking creatine hurts your performance (about 4# average the first week when taking 20g per day from a couple of the studies I've read).  They are hard-core cyclists of which almost all do insulin and illegal drugs and have a couple of doctors they often work with, so I trust their opinions.  For you, I'd suggest taking about 1.5g three times a day with a little extra water.  Again, I don't have any experience with it, so I'm just relaying someone else's experience.z
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top