Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/24/2003 11:37:12 AM EDT
About 2 months ago I picked up the sport of Judo. Now I didn't get into this for combat or to be an ass kicker or anything - so I don't want any suggestions about which martial art I should be training in. I'm doing this as a physical and mental discipline, and it's fun too.

Since there is quite a bit of grappling I want to start a fitness routine that really is slanted towards grappling. Trouble is, I can't for the life of me remember any of the routines my H.S. wrestling coach had us doing.

I'm 39 yrs old and physically I'm in decent shape. I do weight trng on a regular basis during the winter months w/some stair climber thrown in for cardio. Summer time I road bike 20-30 miles or so 3-4 times weekly. I would like to shed 10-15 lbs (not gotten the opportunity to hit the bike as much as I want to this year, plus I'm moving away from it due to time constraints).

I usually do about three 1 hour long classes a week. On class days I like to do 2-3 sets of push ups, pull ups, dips, hyperextensions, free squats, boot squats, lunges and roman chair sit ups as well as some pre class stretching. None of this is done to exhaustion.

So, give me some ideas on a 2-3 day week training program to boost my performance on the mat.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top