Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/15/2016 2:40:43 PM EDT
Does anyone have one of the newer bowflex max machines? I've randomly come across a brand new one someone is selling cheaply. Are they worthwhile to own or just a gimmick.
Link Posted: 4/15/2016 4:26:02 PM EDT
[#1]
Gimmick, just get a weight set and a rack. get squat stands and a bench.
Link Posted: 4/15/2016 7:18:57 PM EDT
[#2]
Who says I don't already own weights.

Out of curiosity to get a baseline, what's your opinion on their tread climber?
Link Posted: 4/16/2016 11:26:40 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Who says I don't already own weights.

Out of curiosity to get a baseline, what's your opinion on their tread climber?
View Quote

I've never used the treadclimber, but stair stepper machines are pretty gtg if you're looking for something different. Running stairs is great.

Bowflex sucks because the resistance is not constant. It's light at the beginning, then gets heavier. It's cost more than weights and does less.
Link Posted: 4/18/2016 8:53:50 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
View Quote

Hum... Know how I know you have zero clue about the product he's talking about?

I have the m3. A 15min AM hiit cardio session is damn good way to start the morning. It will kick your ass and if it doesn't, you're not pushing hard enough. I can spend 15 min on that thing and be wasted for 20min after.
Link Posted: 4/18/2016 11:08:43 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I have the m3. A 15min AM hiit cardio session is damn good way to start the morning. It will kick your ass and if it doesn't, you're not pushing hard enough. I can spend 15 min on that thing and be wasted for 20min after.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Oh shit, I think we assumed the regular boxflex. So this thing is a stairstepper it looks like. OP, if this is the kind of thing you'd use it's probably a good cardio machine.
Link Posted: 4/18/2016 2:21:00 PM EDT
[#6]
I should probably break it down picture book style next time

Thanks for your imput, I'll see if it's still for sale. I was rather impressed with a treadclimber, that plus a ruck sack is great. Hopefully I'll be equally impressed.
Link Posted: 4/18/2016 2:27:42 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I should probably break it down picture book style next time

Thanks for your imput, I'll see if it's still for sale. I was rather impressed with a treadclimber, that plus a ruck sack is great. Hopefully I'll be equally impressed.
View Quote

No "probably" about it
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 8:27:26 PM EDT
[#8]
It's a good machine for sure and if you can get it for a steal then he'll yes.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top