Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/7/2003 6:44:28 PM EDT
Ironpumpers,

I'm feeling a bit uninspired when it comes to music lately, and I want to hit this crew up for good "pump me up" music suggestions for lifting weights and bike riding.

Lemme know what 'chu got.

IMHO
Link Posted: 4/8/2003 5:38:35 AM EDT
[#1]

Like the great "Austrian Oak", I like LOUD heavy metal.

That way it drowns out:

a. people who yell and scream while lifting
b. people who stand around and socialize
c. my girlfriend...[:D]

I like pretty much any hard rock from Pantera to Godsmack, Drowning pool, etc...

If your gym is one of those that plays oldies so quietly that you can barely hear it, making the atmosphere more like church, and KILLING any amount of intensity you may have that day, I suggest getting a headset and some tapes.

-Good luck and rock on [headbang]

Link Posted: 4/12/2003 3:55:32 PM EDT
[#2]
*Old Metallica (And Justice for All, Ride the Lightning, Kill 'em All, Master of Puppets)

*Rage Against the Machine (any album--they all rock HARD)

*Pantera (Vulgar Display of Powever, Cowboys from Hell)

*Old Soundgarden (Badmotorfinger)

*Rollins Band (The End of Silence)

Those are my lifting favorites.  They really get the juices flowing!  I also used to listen to a mix tape of the above before my rugby games at Duke.  This music just makes you want to punish someone.
Link Posted: 4/14/2003 11:31:03 AM EDT
[#3]

Hell ya!

Sharkman and I need to lift together.
Link Posted: 4/16/2003 8:26:00 AM EDT
[#4]
Don't forget the White Zombie. I like "More Human (than Human)" for my bag work outs.
Link Posted: 4/17/2003 2:52:35 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks for the suggestions, guys.
I'll check 'em out.
IMHO
0-[headbang]-0
Link Posted: 4/17/2003 3:59:02 PM EDT
[#6]
In the category of the classics I use Wagner and The Carmina Burana.

Modern music I usually choose the Bloodhound Gang.
Link Posted: 4/18/2003 4:22:19 AM EDT
[#7]
Bloodhound gang friggin rocks! And they're funnier than hell too! I have all their CDs

SorryOciffer
Link Posted: 4/21/2003 8:08:23 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 4/22/2003 1:35:37 PM EDT
[#9]
I listen to the crap they play over the speakers in the gym. It sucks, but I don't usually need to listen to music to get pumped up. The guys that are lifting more weight than me are all the motivation I need.
Link Posted: 4/22/2003 11:13:59 PM EDT
[#10]
id vote for godsmack, danzig [}:D]

and Zakk Wylde's [hail2]
[X]BLACK[X]LABEL[X]SOCIETY [X]
but becareful cuz you might end up a SDMF [beer] and Bleed Black Label [headbang]
Link Posted: 4/23/2003 12:21:23 AM EDT
[#11]
What, Lawrence Welk and Tony Bennet don't cut it anymore?

[:D]
Link Posted: 4/29/2003 10:57:48 PM EDT
[#12]
I'm into some of the more modern metal/rap+metal.  Linkin Park, Lost Prophets, Papa Roach, Korn...I hate lugging a CD player around the gym, so I usually get stuck listening to whatever they have playing over the speakers...ugh!
Link Posted: 4/29/2003 11:28:40 PM EDT
[#13]
Terror - Lowest of The Low
Link Posted: 4/30/2003 12:20:03 AM EDT
[#14]
If CD's aren't cutting it for your workout try a card based MP3 player instead.  I got one to jog with and it helps.  have to clip the headphones just so, but doesn't skip, etc.  If you look around you can find some pretty cheap nowadays.
Link Posted: 5/3/2003 9:33:29 PM EDT
[#15]
GODSMACK nuff said
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top