Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/15/2015 12:24:47 AM EDT
Went to the doctor today. Weighed 280 (with cloths) I estimate 270 without.
Approx 7 years ago I weighed 300 and lost over a hundred (I think I was down to a very muscled 189). Over the years I broke my leg in a motorcycle wreck, ballooned up from not being able to walk for 7~ months (250~) Then I actually got a VERY active/physical job, then quit it when offered a "better" job, that job was comletely sedentary and a weird shift that had my sleep pattern messed up. I got laid off from that job after only 6 months. I'm planning on taking some "me time" now and getting back into shape.
Anyways, I'm sure I'll be posting more in this forum for a while. Wish me luck.

ETA: I'm not sure if I want to pay up to join a gym 35 miles away, or clean out my home gym. I'm going to try to do most of my cardio as walking & bikeing on the road in front of my home, but of course winter is a bad time for that.
Link Posted: 1/15/2015 9:43:06 AM EDT
[#1]
No need to drive to the gym, you have a perfectly good kitchen in your house.

If you are 80+ lbs over weight you have an eating problem not a working out problem. Fix your diet first or you will just be wasting  your time on the treadmill.
Link Posted: 1/15/2015 4:01:47 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
No need to drive to the gym, you have a perfectly good kitchen in your house.

If you are 80+ lbs over weight you have an eating problem not a working out problem. Fix your diet first or you will just be wasting  your time on the treadmill.
View Quote

Yeah, don't get me wrong, I know I need to eat differently. I also know from past expieriance that just "dieting" won't get the results I want. I'm not sure if all those supplemts work or not, I used to be a believer but I developed some medical problems that I thought may have been caused by taking supplements before, so I'm going to try to get into shape without it this time. Not sure if I should concentrate on cardio or weights, given I won't be taking supplements? I deffinently want to be muscled though. I always have been muscled. I used to be able to install a transmission in a truck without a tranny jack, hold it up with one hand while puting in the bolts with the other hand.
At that one job I mentioned that I said was "very physical", we did a thing there called "throwing truck", we unloaded an 18 wheeler by hand (most of the freight was not on pallets) So I unloaded I estimate 20,000+ pounds of freight all by hand in about 2.5 hours, just one person in the truck. I weighed 250~ then and fealt pretty good really. I'm trying to get that job back. I need to get in shape just to go back there, I'd probably die if they called me to go do that tonight. I've seen people carried out of the truck a few times.
Link Posted: 1/15/2015 5:11:59 PM EDT
[#3]
Exercise helps but it can't overcome a bad diet. One big brownie is about 500 calories. That's an hour walking a treadmill. You need to count every calorie and exercise accordingly.

Want to get strong, do heavy compound  lifts.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 12:44:17 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Exercise helps but it can't overcome a bad diet. One big brownie is about 500 calories. That's an hour walking a treadmill. You need to count every calorie and exercise accordingly.

View Quote

mmmmmmmm brownies
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 1:15:44 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

mmmmmmmm brownies
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

mmmmmmmm brownies

+1

I fuckin LOVE brownies.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 5:29:31 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

+1

I fuckin LOVE brownies.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

mmmmmmmm brownies

+1

I fuckin LOVE brownies.

Who doesn't? And now I want a brownie.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 5:38:55 AM EDT
[#7]
Fuck you all.  I'm going to buy brownie mix.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 6:25:10 PM EDT
[#8]
Did someone say brownies?
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 6:47:31 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/18/2015 8:16:37 PM EDT
[#10]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://ts1.mm.bing.net/th?id=HN.608026632062697916&pid=15.1&P=0

gahh
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 10:22:02 PM EDT
[#11]
Fuck you guys and your normal brownies.  Ima go eat me some Colorado brownies!!!!

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top