Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/26/2014 8:15:40 AM EDT
Hi All,

What would you consider the best supplement for joint pain?  Currently finishing up a case of Joint Juice from Costco.... no real change so far.  I did try Animal Flex for a month... Not sure if that worked very well.

regards
Link Posted: 9/26/2014 8:33:47 AM EDT
[#1]
It's hit and miss.  Some people do well on Glucosamine others don't.

I've tried Cissus, no real change.  Others swear by it. (I think that is a main ingredient of Animal Flex)  I've tried Curcumin...maybe some improvement...it has some anti-inflammatory properties.

The other thing you will see as you research is that many of these supplements take 4 weeks to 4 months to be effective.  Most people don't want to wait that long.

I really think my best improvements have come from weight training.  Getting stronger and eating for recovery and getting enough rest seems to have helped me more than any joint sup.

I'm 47 6'3" 270 (down from 330+).  Losing weight also helped knees and feet.

I squat, dead lift, press, and bench press with minimal issues.  My lifts continue to go up.  I will use ibuprofen and tylenol sparingly if I NEED to.

ymmv

my .02
Link Posted: 9/26/2014 8:40:53 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks, much appreciated.
Link Posted: 9/26/2014 7:48:22 PM EDT
[#3]
Get a bulk gluc chindroit with msm.  

Take it. It's worth the investment for any potential benefit.
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 7:58:30 AM EDT
[#4]
Curcumin and glucosamine.
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 8:11:50 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Get a bulk gluc chindroit with msm.  

Take it. It's worth the investment for any potential benefit.
View Quote

I use a generic glucosamine with MSM supplement. After taking it religiously for about a year, I certainly noticed when I stopped taking it for 6 months. I have now resumed and hopefully have the same good effects
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 12:03:49 PM EDT
[#6]
I found Hyal-Joint works well for me, in conjunction with Glucosamine/Chondroitin/MSM
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 7:38:02 PM EDT
[#7]
Thanks for the replies.  Have any of you noticed if these supplements helped with an acute injury like a torn meniscus?
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 9:09:28 PM EDT
[#8]
Consider finding an anti-aging doctor...
Growth Hormone and  Nandrolone are considerations.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 11:12:23 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Thanks for the replies.  Have any of you noticed if these supplements helped with an acute injury like a torn meniscus?
View Quote

That is surgery territory.  They might help AFTER surgery when you have less cushioning in you knee.  I've had one knee worked on for a torn meniscus.  It is much better after losing weight and getting stronger.

But before surgery...I couldn't drink the pain away....and I tried!  
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 11:48:24 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote

Not sure on that specifically, but my joint pain comes from not going to the doctor for a after bad ankle sprain a few years ago, and I can definitely feel a difference by using the supplements.
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 3:01:15 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Consider finding an anti-aging doctor...

Growth Hormone and  Nandrolone are considerations.
View Quote

I think this is worth checking into. Having dicked up hormone levels can cause joint pain too. When I sorted out mine the joint pain mostly went away. Low dose of Nandrolone took care of the rest.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top