Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/2/2014 12:37:05 PM EDT
I've been consistently doing the SS routine after work which is going pretty good.  I think ?

I could be more aggressive with the weight but I'm coming off some injuries.

When I started I was about 190 and now a couple months later I'm 183 which really surprised me .  I have been eating better and feel stronger but I thought it was weird .

I've also picked up my jiu jitsu to 4 days a week so maybe the cardio is cutting weight.

Thoughts?  Ideally I would like to gain weight/strength but still have good cardio for a fight.
Link Posted: 8/2/2014 12:47:19 PM EDT
[#1]
SS + cardiovascular activity = fail

You can only recover from so much physical stress in any given period.
Link Posted: 8/2/2014 1:53:11 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
and feel stronger but I thought it was weird .
View Quote

The funny thing about getting stronger is that the iron is the measurement.  So do you feel like you're getting stronger or are you getting stronger?  

If so, I wouldn't sweat it too much until you're not getting stronger.
Link Posted: 8/2/2014 2:54:10 PM EDT
[#3]
The only way to gain weight is to eat more, particularly with doing more than just SS.
Link Posted: 8/2/2014 4:05:35 PM EDT
[#4]
What was your bodyfat like before? If you're carrying around quite a bit of it, it's entirely possible to get skinnier and stronger simultaneously. It's tough to go from 10% to 8% b.f. and get stronger. 20% to 18%, different story.
Link Posted: 8/2/2014 4:06:31 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

The funny thing about getting stronger is that the iron is the measurement.  So do you feel like you're getting stronger or are you getting stronger?  

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
and feel stronger but I thought it was weird .

This

If you are getting stronger just keep going.  If you are not getting stronger than drop the cardio.
Link Posted: 8/10/2014 2:47:51 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
What was your bodyfat like before? If you're carrying around quite a bit of it, it's entirely possible to get skinnier and stronger simultaneously. It's tough to go from 10% to 8% b.f. and get stronger. 20% to 18%, different story.
View Quote

I don't know I'm 6 1 but got a little bit of a gut, are those body fat scales accurate?  I would guess no
Link Posted: 8/10/2014 3:00:18 PM EDT
[#7]
I wouldn't worry about losing  7 lbs. I can lose that much skipping a few meals.
Link Posted: 8/12/2014 3:01:16 PM EDT
[#8]
6'1" and 183 you should be pretty low body fat unless you have no muscle mass. Like 10-12% BF I think

Eat more, maybe cut cardio to 2 days a week
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top