Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/7/2003 3:28:55 AM EDT
My personal trainer looked at me in the gym after a workout last night and asked me how my food intake was...???  Said I looked too thin. Dragged my into the analysis chambers and did a body comp test - body fat at ~8%.  He was not happy, wants it 10 to 12%, doesn't think I have enough reserve for training.  

This is a new thing to me.  Comments form the experts here would be appreciated.

Oh, and pass those donuts, eh? Looks like I need a few. [coffee]
Link Posted: 1/7/2003 3:53:05 AM EDT
[#1]
how old are you?
body type?
metabolism?
when I was 18-22 my metabolism was off the charts.  I could not keep weight on much less build any mass.  maybe you just need to hang loose for a couple years or drink lot's of dark beer like oatmeal stout.  
Link Posted: 1/7/2003 4:31:48 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 1/7/2003 6:04:46 AM EDT
[#3]
I'll be happy to give you 10 to 20 pounds of fat free of charge.  E-mail me. [;-)

As time goes on it's harder for me to keep off the winter holiday weight gain.  

But.....with my trusty Soloflex and treadmill, I shall overcome.  

Rambosky
Link Posted: 1/7/2003 6:53:17 AM EDT
[#4]
Dude I'm 38, 39 in a few days. My metabolism is still off the charts. I cannot gain weight. My body fat is in the neighborhood of 4-6%. I'm 5'9" 145 lbs soaking wet. Your metabolism may never change.

I'm the guy who can and does eat whenever he wants, as much as he wants and never gains a pound. The downside to it is I'm thin, not skinny, Ethiopian style, but runner thin.

Good luck gaining weight.
Link Posted: 1/9/2003 12:29:13 PM EDT
[#5]
I'm 42, 6'0", 162.5 at time of aforementioned ass chewing.  I'll admit I'm out of my experience pool here, I've never been this well conditioned before.  I think his big concern was that my body weight wasn't changing despite regular and hard workouts.  Doesn't particularly bother me because I don't want he bulk.  Still, I respect this guy because he can thrash my ass all over the mat without working up a sweat, so I have to give some credenceto his opinion, and I cant see where he is to gain from telling me this.  There ya go, too skinny, an American tragedy in the making...[:D]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top