Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/6/2002 3:01:10 AM EDT
Today is my first day on Ephedrine-free Xenedrine EFX Rapid Fat Loss Catalyst.  I can't take the ephedrine products because they jitter me out, and I have PAC'S and PVC's (premature heart contractions/mild arythms), so I thought I'd try this.

Took "Before" pics last night.  They're gruesome, but I'll post them after they're developed.

Here's the eating routine:
I eat Kashi Go-Lean for breakfast every day.  3/4 cup of the cereal, in some milk.  One a day vitamin for men, one every other day (every day makes me nauseus).

Starting today, Lunch is replacement shake (slim-fast).

Mid morning and mid afternoon will see me munching an apple, or banana, or some munchy vegetable, but only one serving.

Dinner will be "whatever" with more than usual attention paid to trying to get more veggies on the table, but not much other change.  

Xenadrine is taken before the morning workout (5:00AM) and mid afternoon, with 8oz water.

Here are the "before" stats (in SAE inches/Lbs):
Date Weight Waist Chest Neck
12/5/02  205 43.25  44 20

Legs(l/r)   Biceps(l/r)
22/22.5    14.5/14

I workout twice a day on the treadmill, and throw in some basic stuff like push-ups, crunches, etc. every other day or so.  Nothing real rigid, and I don't (yet) have my weight bench, so....this is weight-loss mode.

I've been on the mill for a couple weeks and have already lost 5 lbs in the 2.5 weeks or so since I started using it.  We'll see how it accelerates or whatever with the Xenedrine.  I'll also let you know how the Xenedrine makes me feel.  It's a thermogenec (which I can feel already...is it warm in here?), but it's also supposed to sharpen mental focus etc, yadda yadda yadda...I'll let you know.  Each two-pill dose contains the caffiene equivalent of only one cup of coffe.  No more than four pills a day, says the bottle (a 30 day supply).

Hope this is interesting to some, and not just me rambling!
[:)]
Here we go!
Scott
Link Posted: 12/6/2002 4:22:27 AM EDT
[#1]
So...how does Xenadrine make you feel?

I'm definitley speeding, but not jittery, and not uncomfortable...
Link Posted: 12/6/2002 6:23:35 AM EDT
[#2]
Starting today, Lunch is replacement shake (slim-fast).
View Quote

Stay away from those shakes if you are trying to lose weight.  They are full of sugar.  IIRC they don't even label the table sugar as such.  They call it "sucrose," which is technically correct, but I believe it is misleading.

Look at the other ingredients on the label, too.  Any words that end with "...ose" are sugars.  Also look for things like "corn syrup," also sugar.

You would probably be much farther ahead to invent a shake with skim milk and fruits.  There must be recipes on the web, too.

Good luck!
Link Posted: 12/6/2002 6:49:12 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for that tip!

Scott
Link Posted: 12/6/2002 12:16:28 PM EDT
[#4]
A better lunch would probably be a "Carb Solutions" bar, which is actually pretty low in carbs.
Link Posted: 12/6/2002 5:02:18 PM EDT
[#5]
can't take the ephedrine products because they jitter me out
View Quote

You will build-up a tolerance to that assuming you can tough it out long enough to do so.  Also, don't be afraid to cut the pills in half to take a smaller dose.  A half a pill twice as often might be better anyway.  Finally, the half-life of ephedrine is only about 3-4 hours.  As I understand it (haven't read this in a reputable source yet, but it seems to work for me), taking it with aspirin will increase the half-life to about 4.5 to 6 hours.  It will last longer so you can take a smaller dose, and it won't hit you as hard.z
Link Posted: 12/8/2002 2:18:40 AM EDT
[#6]
Find a good high-protein shake as opposed to the "gunk" you get in Slim-Fast.

proteinfactory.com does custom blends, lean gainers, bulk mixes etc...you'll save a ton! The protein comes in a 3mil poly bag DIRECT, no middleman. I used these guys for years and never had an issue with the quality of their products.

If you are going to use meal replacement bars, beware of GLYCEROL replacing sugar. Glycerol is what is used to give bars their sweetness and is included on most labels now. Gycerol is a sugar that is not classed as a sugar but sometimes acts like a sugar blah blah blah...search engine for glycerol explanations :)

Good luck!
Link Posted: 12/11/2002 8:04:18 AM EDT
[#7]
I take the RF-1 Xenadrine because the ephedra in it helps me breathe when I work out, I seem to have developed asthma in the last year or so.[:(!]  Also I only take it as a pick-me-up and to help me blast through my weight lifting, not to lose weight.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top