Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/10/2002 8:50:14 AM EDT
and a pot belly when one is vegetarian.

Assuming one is vege for at least a couple of months.
Link Posted: 10/10/2002 8:53:29 AM EDT
[#1]
WTF is a F.A.....Full-Auto comes to mind but nothing else.Then again my mind is elsewhere[;)]
Link Posted: 10/10/2002 8:58:23 AM EDT
[#2]
While full-auto is the norm, appears D348 is referring to a [b]F[/b]AT-[b]A[/b]SS.

Mike
Link Posted: 10/10/2002 9:01:28 AM EDT
[#3]
Fwd Assist  (Penis extender???)
Link Posted: 10/10/2002 9:04:42 AM EDT
[#4]
Vegetarians get all their protein from foods high in carbohydrates. If you don't work out regularly to burn those carbs, it's going to be stored as fat.
Link Posted: 10/10/2002 9:24:00 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 10/10/2002 1:56:14 PM EDT
[#6]
I ask because the few vegetarians I know are nothing but bone-ass skinny.
Link Posted: 10/10/2002 7:37:01 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote

They probably get more thatn enough excercise. Are they avid runners?
Link Posted: 10/11/2002 5:16:25 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote

Its actually because most of them just plain don't eat.  All of the vegetarians I knew were in college, and most of them starved most of the time.  Of course, most of them were also almost always sick because they didn't know how to be a vegetarian.  You can't just stop eating meat, you have to find alternate sources of protein and the other nutrients you get from meat.  You certainly can be a healthy vegetarian, but it takes effort, and most of these "overnight-trendy ass-lets do it cause it seems cool" vegetarians are too lazy to put forth the effort.
One thing I never understood, why do most vegetarians smoke?
Link Posted: 10/12/2002 6:45:33 AM EDT
[#9]
The two I know don't exercise, but do smoke.

I think they really want to eat, but instead grab a smoke.
Link Posted: 10/12/2002 7:07:46 AM EDT
[#10]
Normal people eat meat.  Reason is it takes a whole lot less of it than veggies.  We do not digest cellulose like animals "designed" as plant eaters making us eat more veggies to get what we need.  Easier to be skinny because you need a truckload of veggies to meet your needs AND to have enough extra to make you fat.

IMHO vegitarians are, for the most part, headcases.
Link Posted: 10/12/2002 7:16:39 AM EDT
[#11]
I myself will celebrate being a Vegetarian for two years this December.

I can tell you this. You need to work out no matter what your diet is in order to lose weight. Even if its taking a few walk around the block at night with your dog a few times a week.

Keep away from eating large amount of pasta and other high carbs food. And for god sakes if your serious about becoming a vegetarian. start out slow!!!! Don't quit all your meats at once. Start by not eating red meats,then go to not eating seafood and then finally kick chicken out of your diet.

The first two-three weeks were hard to pass by a Wendy's or a BK after I got through those first couple weeks, I can sit with friends while they pig out on cheeseburgers, filet mignon and not even blink.

If you need anymore help with this venture, please feel free to e-mail me!!
[email][email protected][/email]

You wont be sorry you decided to go veggie. Even if you don't want to become a full vegetarian and still eat chicken and turkey, your body and mind will feel ALOT better!!![beer]
Link Posted: 10/17/2002 1:57:02 PM EDT
[#12]
Vegetarian: Indian word meaning 'poor hunter'.[:D]
Link Posted: 10/19/2002 8:52:41 AM EDT
[#13]
I am not vegetarian but I do meet the Indian definition of the word.

I am thinking about trying the vegetarian diet as a method to control my weight.

My biggest problem is that I am a junk food junkie in the worst way.

I excercise regularly and lift weights.

Weight lifting makes me so hungry I could just eat the ass right out of a horse. Thats when I hit chips and crackers. Or when I study late at night.
Link Posted: 10/19/2002 1:55:27 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I am thinking about trying the vegetarian diet as a method to control my weight.

My biggest problem is that I am a junk food junkie in the worst way. [...]
Weight lifting makes me so hungry I could just eat the ass right out of a horse. Thats when I hit chips and crackers.
View Quote

Hmmm...not a whole lot of red meat in a bag of Doritos, y'know? Why do you think going vegetarian is the answer?

Hey, I can sympathize. I've carried extra weight for all of my adult life, except for the last 2.5 months and counting. From other posts here you may know that I lost about 50 pounds (25% of my starting body weight) through diet and excercise this year. The only way to do it is to keep your "ins" less than your "outs". It doesn't matter if you eat 1500 calories of leafy greens and tofu a day or 1500 calories of Crisco - if you burn 2500 calories a day, you're losing weight. Obviously the Crisco diet is probably going to be deficient in nutrients, but the point is that reducing your intake is the big factor for weight loss.

The key is to change your attitudes about food (at least that's what did it for me) - it's not comfort, it's not entertainment, it's fuel. You can keep eating meat or go veggie, but if you keep eating more than you burn you're not going to lose anything.

Good luck - losing weight is hard work, it takes discipline and perseverance. If you need support, we'll be here.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top