BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 10/3/2002 2:59:33 PM EDT
Link Posted: 10/4/2002 1:59:16 PM EDT
[#1]
HOT DAMN! That stuff already looks like its in your blood stream+muscle tissue! Now this mag 10,WTF is it?......I never tried much more than (dates my age) Joe Weiders simple amino acids/protein powder w/milk years ago, [;)]although now in my old age now I use a few more supplements. I dont think I would have notice your arm diffrences unless you pointed them out.12.6% bf is damn good....  Your freaking back+traps dont 'LOOK' lacking.....your 2 critical of yourself my friend.[;)][b]are you sure your not sucking it in and in a taught flex?[/b] you got the BI veins pulsating!...I'd bet some scratch that in top photo your flexing![:D]
Link Posted: 10/4/2002 2:22:23 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/4/2002 7:20:02 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Funny thing is I told one of the guys at the BRC that he had to vouch for my veins ALWAYS being distended! Unfortunately he hasn't been back to the board since then.

View Quote

Hmmmm... I seem to remember you telling me that.  Are you refering to me?  Either way, I can vouch for that.
Link Posted: 10/5/2002 12:34:40 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 10/5/2002 8:05:19 PM EDT
[#5]
Your got me EdAsr, that top pix of your arm,[;)](vascularboy)[;)],that I insiunated was flexed [;)]your being that "ripped" you would have good tri heads showing......right?.......[;)]but it also reminds me of a[;)] personal add of a 42 yr. old guy I saw once[;)]
Link Posted: 10/6/2002 6:53:49 PM EDT
[#6]

Remember I said my friend [b]realist[/b] says I am always flexing because my veins are showing in all my pictures?
View Quote

Yea, I remember.

Well,now it seems I have another friend [b]mags[/b] repeating the same song of jealousy! [;)]
View Quote

[:)]

How are you buddy?
Where have you been hiding?
Are you an E.Eng yet?
View Quote

I'm doing well.  I still check the boards fairly often, just don't post much.  Been working on school work, but no, I still don't have my PhD yet.  I should be done in February, so the official date is now May.

It sure is great to hear from you.
Please,send me IM or email and let me know how you are doing![:)]
View Quote

I'll send you an email in a bit.

By the way, what is this Mag 10 stuff?  I haven't heard of it.

Edited to add:

I just sent you an email, but I think I may have messed up.  Let me know if you don't get it.

Link Posted: 10/7/2002 5:00:24 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 10/7/2002 6:10:04 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 10/7/2002 7:36:47 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
No email yet!

Mag 10 is Biotest's "premier Class 1 and Class II androgens".A combination of 4-AD-EC and A1E.

Supposed to be pro-steroidal compouds.So far no noticeable gain.However,I am not able to eat the 4,000 cals a day suggested to gain the 10lbs they claim you can gain in muscle mass in 2 weeks!
View Quote

I think I had the email window open too long and it timed out.  That was a long email too.  Oh well, I'll send another one.

I curious to see if that Mag 10 works.  A few months ago I ordered the musclenow program that Dave posted about.  I gained 8 pounds the first two weeks I was on it and wasn't using any supplements.  Several people in the gym were convinced I was on steriods and I could convince them I wasn't.  Basically I was just eating a lot of "clean" food.  That program is by far the best investment I've made for gaining mass or loosing fat.  I'm still using the program and I'm still making great gains.  I've been on a "cut" cycle for the past six weeks, so I lost a little muscle, but I also lost 2.5 inches on my waist.  I'm back on a "mass" cycle starting today though.  The author preaches against supplements, but curiosity got the best of me and I ordered a bottle of One+ from Avant Labs ( [url]http://www.mindandmuscle.net/main.html[/url]) last week.  Started that today too.  I think it's basically the same thing as Mag 10.  Is Mag 10 transdermal?  One+ is.  I'll let you know how it goes.
Link Posted: 10/7/2002 12:02:28 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 10/7/2002 1:30:21 PM EDT
[#11]
Here's the link to the MuscleNow program.

[url]http://www.musclenow.com[/url]

The web page is a bit disorganized, as everything is on one page.  But all of the testimonials are real and his program really does work.  A couple of my friends ordered it after seeing the results I got.  Several more people want me to copy the book for them because they don't want to spend the $100, but I decided not to do that.  There's nothing really magic about his program, it's just a very complete eating, lifting, and cardio schedule.  If you follow it exactly, you'll see results.  If you don't, he has a 90 day money back guarantee.  I'd definitely recommend it.  It's worked much better than any supplements I've tried.  If you have any specific questions, just email me.  Let me know if you decide to get it.
Link Posted: 10/8/2002 9:39:13 AM EDT
[#12]
Ed,
First off let me say Hello, I am fairly new to the board.
I work out about everyday, weights and running and I swim a lot, I am wondering what the Mag-10 is and how it may affect my overall workout plan.
I am mainly into developing strength and endurance. Is this a get ripped quick product? I am just very leery of any of these types of chemical products and the effects it may have on my health.
I have been able to get a lot of muscle mass and great endurance from simply eating right and being very strict with my workouts.
What exactly do you see yourself getting out of this product?
Parker
Link Posted: 10/8/2002 9:49:40 AM EDT
[#13]
Ed,
I’ll give you a little info on my workout.
I mainly lift splits, arms and back-Mon/Wed and lower body and abs-Tues/Thurs. Friday I hit a specific body part hard and long. I have been really working on my arms lately. You have huge arms; what type of workouts do you do?
I swim almost everyday, I am big into diving so I want to remain a very strong swimmer.
I eat a lot of Salmon, Mackerel and Tuna very little red meat. Low carbs and a lot of protein shakes.
I am looking to get bigger and more endurance, I have never really tried any of the workout chemicals out there and I am just wondering if this is maybe what is lacking in my program?
Thanks Parker

Link Posted: 10/8/2002 11:07:15 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 10/9/2002 11:46:39 AM EDT
[#15]

Great pics ED !

I still have a problem believing your that vascular and pumped 24/7's

You sure you didnt slam 100 pushups before those pictures?  [;)]

Realist out
Link Posted: 10/9/2002 2:40:24 PM EDT
[#16]
sr15....my friend,can I call you my friend?......its a time tested fact that ANYONE would be an enigma(sp) to gain 8lbs of MUSCLE in a month never mind 1/2 that.As for the book,what ever works for you.I need no,nor give creedence to 'testimomials'.
Link Posted: 10/9/2002 3:34:05 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
sr15....my friend,can I call you my friend?......its a time tested fact that ANYONE would be an enigma(sp) to gain 8lbs of MUSCLE in a month never mind 1/2 that.As for the book,what ever works for you.I need no,nor give creedence to 'testimomials'.
View Quote

Ummm... Ok.  Not really sure what this is all about.  First of all, I never said I gained 8 lbs of MUSCLE in two weeks, I said I gained 8 lbs.  I think most of it was muscle because my waist size stayed the same, but don't really know for sure.  I just know I was 8 lbs heavier and I looked a lot bigger.  And it wasn't just me that noticed it, at least 6 people in the gym asked me what I was doing.  Also, it is not impossible to gain 8 lbs of muscle in two weeks.  I've seen people gain more than that using AS.  If you still think I'm lying, do a little research for yourself.  Here's a good start:

[url]http://www.fitnessboard.com/phpBB/[/url]
[url]http://forum.bodybuilding.com/[/url]

Search the steroid forums for sust (sustanon) and deca and search the supplements forums for one+, 1-AD, and 4-AD.  You'll see much greater gains than 8 lbs in two weeks.

Finally, yes the MuscleNow book does work for me.  My lifting routine and intensity were ok, but my diet was horrible.  So, the main thing I got out of the MuscleNow program was an excellent diet that is very conducive to building mass.  And diet is a HUGE part of power lifting or body building.  But don't take my word for it.  Do your own research and see if I'm wrong.
Link Posted: 10/9/2002 6:36:54 PM EDT
[#18]
sr15.....I applaud your progress,if gaining weight other than muscle is your objective,I am not saying you are lying. The more you weight the more one can usually handle in any exercise. I also appreciate your listing those 2 new2me site's to look around on. I still do not believe EdAsr took those pix with out a _"pump on"_= right after a workout, either. Most people always want to look at their best,its human nature, not a flex but a "pump". I  read some OLD out of date info back in the 70's when I started lifting that said one would be [b]LUCKY[/b] to gain 10lbs a year of _clean_(nonroided) MUSCLE. You also SEE the biggest changes when beginning new training. One thing that is a "constant" is "change".[b] A out of shape guy gets more out of a lap around a track(towardhisfitness) than a seasoned runner.[/b]this is a simple fact, no more no less.
Link Posted: 10/10/2002 4:39:53 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 10/10/2002 5:13:42 AM EDT
[#20]

....as to [b]realist ,[/b]he never believes me no matter what I tell him! [:)]He should change his screen name to [b]skeptic[/b]

View Quote

Ed, that's not true..  I believe you on a lot of subjects.  [:)]

If you flex and tighten muscle, you in effect create a pump.  Your mind is in tune with your body (as with any weightlifter) So you flex all the time, most of the time unaware because it's so constant. Ultimately, You are semi pumped most of the time...  and not to mention the physiological pump that exists too, probably every time you walk past a mirror [;)]  

I know just watching Arnold's movie pumping iron I get pumped literally.. [:)]  

Get a pic taken and hour before you wake up in the morning !!!  

Link Posted: 10/10/2002 6:41:10 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 10/10/2002 10:01:09 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I still do not believe EdAsr took those pix with out a _"pump on"_= right after a workout, either. Most people always want to look at their best,its human nature, not a flex but a "pump".
View Quote

Well, I believe it.  In fact, I would believe just about anything he said, and I don't say that about many people.  EdAvilaSr is not here trying to impress anyone.  If he took those pictures after a workout, he would have said so.  Plus, I know what he looks like in person, and yep, that's what he looks like.

Geez, I love how people who can't make gains in the gym accuse those who can of either lying or being on steroids.[rolleyes]

I  read some OLD out of date info back in the 70's when I started lifting that said one would be [b]LUCKY[/b] to gain 10lbs a year of _clean_(nonroided) MUSCLE. You also SEE the biggest changes when beginning new training. One thing that is a "constant" is "change".[b] A out of shape guy gets more out of a lap around a track(towardhisfitness) than a seasoned runner.[/b]this is a simple fact, no more no less.
View Quote

I agree 100%.  The musclenow program that I'm on now forces change by cycling lifting routines, cardio, and diet.  I know, you're not interested in my program, but if you would be a little more open minded and read some up to date material you would probably see some good results too.  Who knows, maybe even people would accuse you of lying or being on steroids.
Link Posted: 10/10/2002 10:06:55 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

A serious note for you two non-believers:

[b]sr15[/b] is a man NOT INTERESTED in impressing anyone.
I know him personally, and can tell you that you can take his word at face value.He does not embellish or exaggerate his stories.
View Quote

Thank you sir.  I appreciate that.

Ok, now back to the original topic.  Any results from the Mag 10 yet?
Link Posted: 10/10/2002 10:18:41 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 10/10/2002 9:50:05 PM EDT
[#25]
I saw Ed at Bulletfest and he looked like that walking around, so I believe the pic was taken as he says it was.  

As for the "get rich quick" fitness products some do help out. Last year I tried the the popular one at the time which was 19norandrostenedione. The main thing I noticed was the I wasn't very sore or fatiged after my workouts like I was before.

When I started I was 160lbs with 8% body fat. Doing the cycles correctly 3 months later I was 185lbs. I don't believe it was all muscle but the definately most of it. I gained an inch and a half in my arms and with a proportional increase in my whole upper body. My legs also got noticeably larger. I dind't meassure but my boxer shorts where tight around my legs afer that.

Regulars at the gym that finally asked me towards the end of the three months and wanted to know what my deal was LOL. Of cousrse after about five months I lost motivation and as a reslut I am now 170lbs and look like a weakling again[B)]

Link Posted: 10/11/2002 5:26:00 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 10/11/2002 9:32:09 AM EDT
[#27]
[img]http://www.nicolebass.com/photos/nicole35.jpg[/img]

OMG...  So this is the Ed Sr. we have all come to know and Love...  um, I mean, have become fond of.. um, I mean.. um, after seeing this pic I dont know what I mean anymore..[rolleyes]

Did you see her dressed up in the dometress outfit?  yikes !!  [:)]

[img]http://www.nicolebass.com/photos/nicol176.jpg[/img]

Ed, if this is fruit, then I.m now a full time Carnivore... [;)]

Still awaiting the real pics... [:)]
Link Posted: 10/11/2002 9:45:20 AM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 10/11/2002 10:57:53 AM EDT
[#29]

Jesus Ed..  I just figured out who she looks like..  Warren Beatey in the face..[rolleyes]

And no telling how kinky she might get with her right eye,  I believe it's Glass. She probably snapped herself in the eye with her whip!!

Address on the way for fruit inspection [:)]

Link Posted: 10/11/2002 8:48:16 PM EDT
[#30]
ed,
time to get off the mag 10 dude,
it has obviously altered your mental state.
posting pics like that is very deranged.
what are you eating,lots of cheese cake and ice cream?
i read in t-mag that some did not see any gains until the cycle had ended.
i guess it took time for the body to react to what was building up over the two period.
are you going to do a support cycle of anti estrogen and tribulis?
p.s you don't look like you need mag 10 to begin with.
josam
Link Posted: 10/13/2002 3:56:08 AM EDT
[#31]
Ed,
Thanks for the reply:
Your workout sounds real solid, maybe I should switch mine up a little and try your program, We are on about the same level with the running and I have been told by a few that my caloric intake is too low for my body size, I just have a hard time pushing anymore good calories than I am right now. I average about 2500-3000 per day.
What is your diet like?
Is running your only Cardio? I have trouble just using a Stairmaster or recumbent bike,
Mainly I only run and I swim almost everyday for a least an hour.
Thanks Parker
Link Posted: 10/13/2002 7:58:07 AM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 10/13/2002 1:38:27 PM EDT
[#33]
ed,
time to challenge your system.
try eating cheesecake and ice cream in addition to your regular meals to get the calories up.
chocalte milk also you know the thick shit you can buy in a gallon jug at the grocery store,about a half gallon of that stuff a day should do the trick.
hit the gym twice a day for a week and see if the cycle needs to be jump started with some agressive stimulation.
josam
Link Posted: 10/13/2002 2:45:29 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 10/13/2002 5:40:51 PM EDT
[#35]
Been doing some reading about PH.  Apparently it takes at least 7-10 days to start feeling/noticing the effects.  I wouldn't give up on the Mag 10 yet.  Most people are reporting the best gains in the third or fourth week.  I haven't noticed anything from the one+ yet either, but I'm looking forward to next week and the week after.  Hopefully I'll start feeling something this week.

Also, IMO 2500 cal/day is not nearly enough calories for building mass, especially considering you are doing cardio too.  I'd boost that a bit if you can.  I'm not sure about the cheesecake and icecream though.  That's never worked for me.  It always just turned to fat.  Right now I'm eating 3500 cal/day, but I'll switch to 4000 cal/day tomorrow.  The 4000 cal/day is based on carbs and protein only, no fat.  So starting tomorrow, I'll be getting about 330 grams of protein a day and 670 grams of carbs.  I eat very little fat, so I supplement with EFA's and I completely stay away from refined sugars.  I avoid meal replacements and protein powders also.  This is what has worked the best for me.
Link Posted: 10/13/2002 6:25:24 PM EDT
[#36]
ed,
any fat gained can be dieted off.
don't be afraid of getting an increase in bodyfat,work it off after cycle.
looks like your doing enough cardio to get rid of any fat you accumulate.
the tribulis/anti estrogen cycle will help with that.
be patient small gains add up over time.
josam
Link Posted: 10/14/2002 9:24:54 AM EDT
[#37]
Ed,
Thanks for the arm workout;
I tried it yesterday and it was a real eye opener, I think I have been being lazy.
I'm really feeling it today, I threw in another hundred push-ups 50 Diamond and 50 wide and I was burnt.
I hope I am in great shape like you are when I get that old…(oopps) I mean Seasoned…LOL. (I will be 31 on the 15th)  
Thanks Parker
Link Posted: 10/14/2002 11:02:41 AM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 10/14/2002 8:54:01 PM EDT
[#39]
can someone please photoshop those nasty pics of that woman wannabe,jesus people it gets nastier every time i read this post.
yuck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
josam
Link Posted: 10/14/2002 9:14:44 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 10/15/2002 5:05:16 AM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 10/15/2002 7:02:26 AM EDT
[#42]
I plan on attending the BRC, I am wondering about getting a hotel room,
How many people attend this?
What type of events go on?
Any ideas? Have any of you guys gone to this before?
Thanks Parker
Link Posted: 10/15/2002 7:10:09 AM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 10/15/2002 7:14:13 AM EDT
[#44]
I should be calling trying to get a room,
Are there normally enough to go around, I would hate to end up sleeping in my truck.
Parker
Link Posted: 10/16/2002 4:45:28 AM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 10/16/2002 6:22:27 PM EDT
[#46]
Hey Shadowblade.  Thanks for the support.

So, EdAvilaSr, anything from the Mag 10 yet?  I'm starting to feel the effects of the One+.  Had a pretty good workout in the gym tonight.
Link Posted: 10/16/2002 7:03:45 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 10/18/2002 8:48:00 AM EDT
[#48]
Glad to hear you are making progress.  I hope it continues.  The directions on the One+ say to take it for 2 weeks and then lay off for a few weeks.  Sounds like Mag 10 has similar directions.  But everything I've been reading suggests taking PH for 4 to 6 weeks and then laying off for several weeks.  So, that's what I'm going to do.  I think I'll probably stop at the end of the fourth week.  Apparantly the most gains come from the third and fourth weeks for most people, so a two week cycle is too short.  I'll try to post my 2 week results on Monday.
Link Posted: 10/19/2002 6:04:41 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
You also SEE the biggest changes when beginning new training. One thing that is a "constant" is "change".[b] A out of shape guy gets more out of a lap around a track(towardhisfitness) than a seasoned runner.[/b]this is a simple fact, no more no less.
View Quote

THANKS, I'm a newbie over here, this is the only good news I've heard so far!!
Link Posted: 10/19/2002 6:21:12 AM EDT
[#50]
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top