Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/15/2013 8:53:09 AM EDT
This is the 1st POD cast on Over training and resistance training, over reaching, increased volume/frequency = more hypertrophy, protein synthesis time frames and more, very good stuff.

Muscle College Radio Episode 1

Great listen on muscle proteins and muscle building regarding protein synthesis, luecine and it's effects as the key Amino acid, "useful" amounts of protein to trigger muscle protein synthesis, muscle memory is real and how it work (some of our retarded members may want to skip to 37 minutes and learn something...), useful supplements ie BCAA's, HMB, Creatine (all thing I take personally), and a few other topics.

Muscle College Radio Episode 2

ETA:
Dr. Norton is also an Elite Raw Power Lifter along with a Natural Bodybuilder

Link Posted: 2/15/2013 9:03:13 AM EDT
[#1]
It's long, I'm only 10 minutes in but those 1st ten minutes were a great refresher. You'll be smarter for sure
Link Posted: 2/15/2013 9:16:14 AM EDT
[#2]
Oh, and he shoots IPSC with his dad
Link Posted: 2/15/2013 3:20:11 PM EDT
[#3]
Updated the op with summary of each pod cast.
Link Posted: 2/15/2013 3:24:59 PM EDT
[#4]
Sounds cool, have to take some time and listen later. thanks for sharing.
Link Posted: 2/15/2013 3:33:15 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Sounds cool, have to take some time and listen later. thanks for sharing.

I just finished listening to them. Very good, I try to never be set in my ways and I am actually going to change up my programing and see what happens. Well I might wait until I stall as I am still making strength gains... No good HIT
Link Posted: 2/15/2013 4:38:15 PM EDT
[#6]
Taggage for when I have more time.
Link Posted: 2/15/2013 5:02:25 PM EDT
[#7]
Needs more details on these 'tests' they did.  How long?  What percentages?  Sets? Reps?  

Yes there is a point you can train to that the muscles do break down and are catabolic = rhabdomyolysis
Link Posted: 2/15/2013 5:07:11 PM EDT
[#8]
Short term the human can handle a lot of volume before bad things happen but it is not sustainable.  We need stress for our body to get stronger, it is just a matter of how much.  The amount is going to vary from person to person.  Some of these 'tests' that they have done point to already experienced lifters.  Their body is accustomed to the stress so they can handle the increased volume, but again, for how long?  

I agree most people that say they are not seeing gains probably are not over training but rather need to shake up their routine.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top