Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/9/2002 9:03:15 AM EDT
Despite accepted conceptions that working out every day is bad for you,i.e.,you need a 24hr rest beliefs.I believe the opposite,a hr.or so a day of whatever you've set your mind to do that day like day #1 powerlifting,day #2cardio, day#3simple lifting freeweights day#4 a mixture of the above or something of the like,then lather rinse repeat all week.The more I push myself,the less I _'sweat'_doing the easy stuff(like mowing the lawn).How about you guys?.....I know when I take time off its alot harder coming back !  
Link Posted: 7/9/2002 9:27:17 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 7/9/2002 1:57:19 PM EDT
[#2]
I alternate days.  Chest and arms one day, then legs and torso the next.  That way each muscle group is getting a rest day even though I'm at the gym every morning.

Seems to be working.
Link Posted: 7/9/2002 3:38:57 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I alternate days.  Chest and arms one day, then legs and torso the next.  That way each muscle group is getting a rest day even though I'm at the gym every morning.

Seems to be working.
View Quote
..The Esteemed EAsr said it best,what ever works for you/me.I thought chest was part of the torso.As I have said, I do Chest,back,shoulders,all 1 day.But consider this....I use my arms to work/hookup my ChestBkSh on that day.......Then I do arms specificly again ...+legs next day[whacko]
Link Posted: 7/10/2002 4:15:07 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 7/10/2002 12:50:06 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I thought chest was part of the torso.
View Quote
It is............ in my body![:)]
I think he means back....... and shoulders?
View Quote

Day 1:  Chest, lats, delts, arms
Day 2:  Stomach, lower back, legs
Link Posted: 7/11/2002 5:37:55 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 7/11/2002 12:45:13 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Could you tell us what you mean by lower back
View Quote

If a situp is a 'curl' then working the lower back is the 'extension' that compliments it.

and what exercises you do for it?
View Quote

I usually use a Roman Chair while holding a 45# plate, but when my sinuses are acting up I use a Nautilus-type cable/weight stack machine.
Link Posted: 7/11/2002 2:22:42 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By EdAvsr
View Quote

Day 2:
Could you tell us what you mean by lower back and what exercises you do for it?

Thanks

View Quote
...ED....my friend...I've tried these things called 'good-mornings' for lower back....they do make you sore.A straight bar,held palm up,knees slightly flexed,body at 45* angle,something like a bent over row.You can find it on the exrx.net.
Link Posted: 7/12/2002 4:05:01 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 7/25/2002 8:23:53 AM EDT
[#10]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top