Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/6/2002 5:42:28 PM EDT

Here's mine.  

[img]http://a8.cpimg.com/image/CA/59/11002058-b372-02000180-.jpg[/img]

It's based on a Para-Body power rack which has a 1200lb limit.  It has a chinning bar, Lat pull-down, seated row, dipping bars and spotting safety bars.  The bench is also by Para-Body it has incline and decline positions and also has the leg curl and leg extension attachment.  The bench can also be used as a incline ab bench.  

I have about 500lbs of Olympic weights and 400lbs of standard size plates for use with dumbells.  The dumbells I use are smart-lock type, I have one set that will do 0-80lbs and another set that will do 60-145lbs.

What equipment do have in your home gym?
Link Posted: 7/6/2002 5:45:02 PM EDT
[#1]
[Snobyrichguy] Well, i belong to a high class country club with the finest gym.  its near my house.[/snobyrichguy]   the club is called Houstons first baptist church lol  its a cool gym
Link Posted: 7/6/2002 6:28:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Nice idea for a topic Yojimbo.

I don't have a picture, but my rack is a pretty much just a cheaper version of the one in Yojimbo's picture.  It's not strong enough for what I can squat, but I'm very careful.  If you can squat more than about 400#, you might want to consider a higher quality (like the one in Yojimbo's picture).  My rack concerns me a little when you put that much weight shoulder high.  Mine only sold for $200 new, and I paid $75 so I can't really complain.

After breaking several more complicated benches (like the adjustable one w/ leg attachments pictured) over the years, I've settled on a simple flat bench.  It's made by CAP, and sold for $47.  I got it for $27 since the seat was ripped-up.  A little duct-tape, and it's as good as new.  They rip anyway after some use, so it doesn't bother me.  The only catch with it is that the end of the part of the bench you lay on doesn't stick-up past its legs.  This is a problem when using it in a rack, because you can't move the bench far enough back, due to the vertical bar in the middle of the back, so that you can support your head while benching.  This gives me a terrible headache while benching, but it's better than having an another adjustable one break.  Notice on Yojimbo's rack that the legs stick-out a few inches past the rear uprights to give you a little more room (unlike my cheap one).  Just something too look for if you're buying a bench to use in a rack.  Make sure your head is supported when benching.

Yojimbo, where's your fan or A/C?  I've got a large (4' in diameter) belt-driven fan in my work-out room that really helps keep me going.  I finally got A/C in my house a couple of weeks ago, so a big fan was a necessity.z

Link Posted: 7/7/2002 6:10:18 AM EDT
[#3]
Zoom,

If you look closely at the picture you will actually be able to see the A/C vent.  It 's at the upper right corner at with all the duct work.  I havn't needed a fan yet in fact I usually shut the A/C vents since it's always around 60-65 degrees in my basement.  

Later!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top