Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/30/2002 3:24:37 AM EDT
Link Posted: 6/30/2002 6:30:57 PM EDT
[#1]
Yup, I would only rest for 30 seconds.  Since push-ups are specifically designed to give you more muscle endurance, you do not want your ATP and your muscles to fully recover between each set.  
Link Posted: 6/30/2002 6:36:11 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Is there anything I should be eating before and after pushups to get more out of them?
View Quote
If you eat right before you do them you'll have a lot of blood going to your digestive muscles, which will compete with the muscles used for pushups. On the one hand your muscles will have to work whilst being starved for oxygen, which will help to excert them even more, but on the other hand your muscles won't be first in line to get the nutrition ne4eded to build new muscle fibers.

The one thing to eat within an hour of working out is protein. Amount depends on how much you work out and how much you weigh.
Link Posted: 6/30/2002 8:42:04 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 7/1/2002 7:13:17 PM EDT
[#4]
There is no real mericle thing to eat to vastly improve your performance during your workouts. The best advice I can offer is to eat right all of the time and use your supplements wisely if you choose to go that route.

Supplementation is a whole nother topic, and one that I or several others here would gladly get into with you if you want.

You might find that periodic days off will help to keep from getting too flat in your workouts. They give your body a chance to recover fully and come at the next workout full bore.
Link Posted: 7/1/2002 8:56:26 PM EDT
[#5]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top