Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/3/2012 4:37:24 AM EDT
I started up P90X again last night and had some crazy pain in my right elbow.  I've been slacking off for the most part but have worked out sporadically over the last few months.  Did some pushups last week without any problems.  This feels like tendonitis but I've never really had it before.  

Any recommendations on treating it?  Should I not workout until it's completely gone?  Should I try to work through it?  See a doc?   Not really sure where to go from here.
Link Posted: 1/3/2012 10:46:19 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 6:23:02 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Do as much as you can until it hurts.

If it is tendonitis, you need to completely rest it for atleast a week or two. Ice 2-3x per day in the mean time and stretch periodically. See a sports medicine doc if it persists. I got tendonitis pretty bad in my knee (hamstring tendonitis) on a backpacking trip so I couldn't just call it a day and go home and ice. The nearest road was about 10 miles away and we had to cross a couple mountains. By the time we got to the road and found a house with a landline, I could barely bend my knee. It took me 2 months to get back to jogging and cropped back up in the fall. Don't try and push through the pain, else you may have cronic problems.
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 3:34:44 PM EDT
[#3]
Is it nerve pain?  I ask only because I thought I had tendonitis in my right elbow, but realized that it was nerve pain.  This led me to learn about Orbital Tunnel Syndrome, and "nerve gliding" exercises that have almost eliminated my elbow pain.
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 3:56:18 PM EDT
[#4]
I'm pretty sure it's tendonitis.  going to take it easy on it and see what happens.
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 7:56:19 AM EDT
[#5]
doing chin-ups, then aggressive massage followed by warm heat helps tendon issues, take Ibu. At least it did with my 4 bouts with a variety of tendon issues.

BTW seeing a Doc will end up like this: Don't use it, and the pain will stop.  Here's a Rx for 600mg of an anti inflammatory, if it doens't get better well send you to physical therapy where you will throw a small fortune into doing stupid shit.
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 1:31:26 PM EDT
[#6]
just adding to the choir here.

Minor tendonitis can be easy managed with rest. Severe tendonitis can sideline you. dont let it get to that point.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top