Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/18/2002 8:29:30 PM EDT
now i know my old narrow ass won't ever have to worry about getting stretch marks from getting to pumped but do these things occur gradually or just go "pop".
all the youngsters i've talked with just seem to remember them showing up one day.
pretty sad to see a 20 year old with stretch marks on there pecs.
later
rescue93
Link Posted: 6/19/2002 12:29:11 AM EDT
[#1]
guys cant get pregnant
Link Posted: 6/19/2002 4:51:00 AM EDT
[#2]
Unless I'm mistaken about male pec's .....[blue] stretch marks = Roids ![/blue]
Link Posted: 6/19/2002 11:20:44 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 6/19/2002 6:03:53 PM EDT
[#4]
I too have some stretch marks...right where the upper arms and chest meet. All I ever did was drink some protein shakes and lift hard and heavy. Never any steroids though.
Link Posted: 6/20/2002 4:41:35 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 6/21/2002 4:08:21 AM EDT
[#6]
EdAvSr/C_H,my friends,Ed,you already said I could call you my friend,and C_H I thank you for your back up info on the strech marks.I never really knew that.I thought all the guys at the gyms the past 30 years were lying about the roids do not= strechmarks thing.I always wondered how someone could TEARTHEMSELVES up that much with out it being the roidspower thing.Considering I went to the gym more than just about all of them,and ALLways worked out to the point of failure to help me get that extra rep the next time.I considered that TEARING me up, and I never got them.O'well......I learned something,since I doubt you guys have motive to [;)]lye* here.
Link Posted: 6/21/2002 4:29:40 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 6/21/2002 4:50:25 AM EDT
[#8]
I certainly was not impyling AT ALL that you were ED.I used to lift incesintly because I LIKED IT...REALLY....now I do alot less just to keep in decent shape.Like you, I'm over the hill and know it seeing the "kids" in the gym = I'm over 40 closer to 50....your 54?...And NO! im not looking for a date! Because thers a SHITLOAD WRONG with that![;)]
Link Posted: 6/21/2002 6:46:51 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 6/21/2002 10:18:23 AM EDT
[#10]
Weight changes do it, I have a couple from my lifting before.
Link Posted: 6/23/2002 8:49:28 PM EDT
[#11]
I blame my stretch marks on the flys I did with heavy dumbells. I first started lifting when I was a 16 yr old high school student. I started just as soon as school was out and lifted hard and heavy all Summer long. When I went back to school, I looked very different. In just about a couple of months I had packed on 20 extra pounds and had a much more muscular chest, back, biceps, triceps and abs. The legs needed a bit of work in those formative days but I was young and dumb! At any rate, my leg program still suffers compared to the my upper body workouts. I lack much needed equipment and simply cannot tolerate doing squats with a bar loaded with enough weight to get me where I want. So I do lighter squats with dumbells and some lunges. I also do an exercise learned from a coach....which is basically stepping up on an object about 2.5 ft. and focus all of your weight on the upper leg. This seems to work pretty well. Along with push-ups, pull ups and dips, I use much more "body resistance" than free weights these days.
Link Posted: 6/24/2002 4:01:27 AM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By C-Handle So I do lighter squats with dumbells and some lunges. I also do an exercise learned from a coach....which is basically stepping up on an object about 2.5 ft. and focus all of your weight on the upper leg. This seems to work pretty well. Along with push-ups, pull ups and dips, I use much more "body resistance" than free weights these days.
View Quote
..The armed forces use simple "body restistance" in BT also.Nothing wrong with that.Much less prone to injury too.I use this method now also.....[;)]combined with a few basic lifts.[;)]
Link Posted: 6/24/2002 4:08:28 AM EDT
[#13]

...And NO! im not looking for a date! Because thers a SHITLOAD WRONG with that![;)]
View Quote

EdAvliaSr..
Oh yes,I know.Fun for a while,trouble for life! [;)]
View Quote
Life is short Ed,Fun fur a while?[;)]a homosexual experiance[?][;)]I think hes just playing hard to get anyways[;)]
Link Posted: 6/24/2002 8:52:37 AM EDT
[#14]
I got them too, upper inside of the arm. When I changed jobs I went from super active to a paper pusher and went from 5'8" 175lbs to 5'8" and 230lbs in about 1.5 years. My younger brother has them too and he works out alot but no roids.

What I wanna know is what the hell are these red "lines" on my gut? I have just undertaken a new exorcise and diet routine and am hoping they go away when I shrink back down some. I have also heard that the younger you are the more elastic your skin is and they can "partially" go away the younger you lose the weight or size. Anyone know for sure?

BrenLover
Link Posted: 6/24/2002 10:21:52 AM EDT
[#15]
I have them on my "love handles". They stretch from my waist up to the bottom of my rib cage.

I also have them on my shoulders and inner thigh. I would up with all of them as I gained weight over the years.

I NEVER go out without having a t-shirt on to cover the strech marks. Even when swimming. People have a tendency to make fun of me when they see how bad they are. Pisses me off. [:(!]

Av.
Link Posted: 6/24/2002 11:07:35 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 6/24/2002 4:48:04 PM EDT
[#17]
Another spat![;)]he heard you are 54 if [purple]HE remembers right[/purple][;)]
and insists hes not looking for a date with you ,he just remembered your age.[;)]Then you mistakenly think hes looking for a date with....not you someone else like a womminz...when he thought you might think he was looking for a date with you--BECAUSE THERES A SHITLOAD WRONG WITH THAT![red]....I need a[;)] nap.[/red] Its a good thing I'm not him[;)]
Link Posted: 6/25/2002 9:39:43 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 6/25/2002 9:50:50 AM EDT
[#19]
Hehe, sound like a group of 30+ year-old women at a social event fellas!  I noticed that stretch marks become red during activity as if blood flow has something to do with it.
Link Posted: 6/28/2002 7:55:18 PM EDT
[#20]
Vitamin E rubbed on the stretch marks helps. Makes them less red and less noticable.

I have them on my arm-chest junction also.
Link Posted: 6/29/2002 6:47:13 PM EDT
[#21]
Stretch marks are termed "Striae", "Striae atrophica", "Striae distensae". Striae are skin defects that look like bands or lines, associated with rapid growth or certain diseases or conditions.

Stretch marks can appear when there is rapid stretching of the skin. They are often associated with the abdominal enlargement of pregnancy. They can be found in children who have become rapidly obese . They may also occur during the rapid growth of puberty in males and females. Striae are most commonly located on the breasts, hips, thighs, buttocks, abdomen, and flank.

Stretch marks appear as parallel streaks of red, thinned glossy skin that over time become whitish and scarlike in appearance. The stretch marks may be slightly depressed and have a different texture than normal skin.

Striae may also occur as a result of abnormal collagen formation, or a result of medications or chemicals that interfere with collagen formation. They may also be associated with prolonged administration of cortisone compounds, diabetes mellitus, Cushing disease, and post-pregnancy.

There is no specific care for stretch marks. Advertised creams and salves to prevent stretch marks during pregnancy are of little value. However, the marks often will disappear after the cause of the skin stretching is gone. Avoiding rapid weight gain helps in the case of stretch marks associated with obesity.
Link Posted: 7/2/2002 8:27:15 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Unless I'm mistaken about male pec's .....[blue] stretch marks = Roids ![/blue]
View Quote

Not exactly. I went from 5-5 to 6-4 in about 18Mo. then a year later I went from 6-4 180 to 6-6 270 in about as much time. I have strech marks every where. Chest, shoulders, knees, but, thighs, bicepts(big time), and gut. I did not get that fat however. I was over weight, but at 6-6 I carried it extremely well.
Link Posted: 7/11/2002 1:12:36 AM EDT
[#23]
TxDoc is correct. I have found that if you keep your skin moisturized you shouldn't have a problem with strech marks. If you already have strech marks use cocoa butter. I use Palmer's Cocoa Butter Formula w/ vitamin E. It helps to make the strech marks less visible and it is very inexpensive.
Link Posted: 7/12/2002 11:53:48 AM EDT
[#24]
My shoulders, arm/ chest junction, and "love handles" are eat up with stretch marks. I know exactly where they came from, and it wasn't roids.

You see I am 6'2" and go 310 (54"chest 46" waist) but just a couple of years ago that was all different, I was only 250 and proportioned much better (52" chest and 40" waist). Let your body go through changes like that as quickly as mine did and see what happens. I used to be a paid paramedic and volunteer firefighter and did a lot of heavy & tactical rescue training and operations, now I work in retail and do a lot of "curls" with a coke instead of a dumbbell.

Be forewarned, if you are muscular don't give up on your activity level all at once or else your body will truly suffer.

Jake
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top