Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/5/2002 4:13:22 PM EDT
THE END!....[;)]No,really with all the lifting,stretching, pumping,grunting/squeals of pain on the last rep=its frowned upon at the new PC gym I go to.HAHAHAHA,really,the posted rules say no yelling.But then again they say no water on the workout floor too.But have 3 competeing WATER vendors machines there and 50% of the people or more buy the stuff and carry it around.I lift for the end(kinda),and the wind down in the steamroom/wirlpool=heated tiles pressed against your back[red]...ooooooooo...aaaaaahhhhhh....wooooooooooo....takes a 1/2 hour alone.[/red]The place has more than 100 diffrent cadex,cybex,nautlis,lifeforce,lifefitness,3 smith machines,and others I forget,for after the freeweights of course.Its the best I ever been to.[url]www.workoutworld.com[/url]NO this is not a pitch!....and yes, they have the spinning class instructors,the pilaties,and ta-bo instructors,female personal trainors,,AND THEY are[flame]
Link Posted: 6/5/2002 4:17:34 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 6/5/2002 4:23:38 PM EDT
[#2]
How do you achieve the propere intensity level without a little yelling as you strain for that last rep?

For most I guess that is cool, most choose not to train hard and that is ok, but for those of us that do, the last rep should be the last one you can fight through in the set. It should be a fight, an all out battle between you, your previous limits, and the weight. (warm-up sets excluded) If it ain't, you ain't training hard.

The water thing is just plain rediculous, it is the most important thing youy can have during a work out. If you dehydrate, performance suffers, and you cannot achieve your bodies maximum potential.

The wind down is the second best part for me, I love the feel of the weights. There is just something about it that I can't get enough of. But the steam room and whirlpool runs a close second.

Glad to see you are excited by your workouts, even if it is just the end. That is more than most people can say.
Link Posted: 6/5/2002 6:21:06 PM EDT
[#3]
right after you have got a good pump going and can really feel the muscles working...

but right before you want to puke! [:D]
Link Posted: 6/5/2002 7:23:49 PM EDT
[#4]
My last workout partner was aked to leave the gym (Golds Gym) because according to the manager "This gym is for the ladies and you're scaring them."  Whatever.
Link Posted: 6/5/2002 7:30:19 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I always thought the best part of the workout was watching the aerobics instructor in that tight....  

Ahem... did I say that out loud?
View Quote

Oh man, that reminds me.  One summer I worked out at a health club that had about 20 stairmasters overlooking the aerobics floor.  This was a big health club so they were always having aerobics classes.  At any given time there were about 20 beautiful women taking aerobics.  I must have climbed a million stairs that summer.
Link Posted: 6/7/2002 4:55:12 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 6/8/2002 8:12:49 PM EDT
[#7]

PC gyms.  Yuck!

There is a Gold's in town that is in a Mall for crying out loud.  The place is decorated in pink and green pastels.  Soccer moms galore. Soft oldies or elavator music playing that is drowned out by the massive amount of talking and BSing going on constantly.

My ideal gym would be a dungeon-like place w/ loud rock and roll music, lots of free weights,  and lots of mirrors.  

And, of coarse, lots of eye candy.[:D]

Link Posted: 6/8/2002 8:14:37 PM EDT
[#8]

Oh, and yes the best part is the end.

I love that testosterone-energized feeling.
Link Posted: 6/9/2002 7:38:01 PM EDT
[#9]
I lift to get bigger. That is my favirote part.
Link Posted: 6/10/2002 8:40:41 PM EDT
[#10]
I usually take a swim after lifting, and the first couple jumps off the high dive are the best for me.
Cannonball comin'!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top