Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/30/2002 6:02:59 AM EDT
What would it be..? ok, its a strange question. I did say one lift not one rep.[;)]Like me,I'd pick squats,squats,and more squats...................................................................squats................................squats...................everyone has a favorite...
Link Posted: 5/30/2002 6:07:24 AM EDT
[#1]
Athough I am a big fan of the squat. I would say, if I had only one, it would be the deadlift. With the squat all the weight is easily supported on the top of you back. It just lays there while your trunk and legs do all the work. With a deadlift you must pull with your whole back, plus legs, plus trunk.
Link Posted: 5/30/2002 6:24:42 AM EDT
[#2]
If I could do only one lift, it would be the clean and jerk. That is about the best lift to work as many different muscles as possible.

I never was a squat fan. It is too hard. [:D]
I always thought cleans were better because they are more explosive, and if your technique is good, the last one will be a front squat anyway.
Link Posted: 5/30/2002 6:34:21 AM EDT
[#3]
Well, if I can only do one, then I choose the 12 ounce curl.

[beer]

- CD
Link Posted: 5/30/2002 1:37:33 PM EDT
[#4]
Yeah,I'd have to agree w/nichcon.I think the clean'n'jerk would work the most muscle groups in concert with one-another.[b]But I always loved the "FULL"-butt to the ground squat![/b]......butt thats just me.
Link Posted: 5/30/2002 1:41:20 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Well, if I can only do one, then I choose the 12 ounce curl.

[beer]

- CD
View Quote
..[beer]Next the 16.oz.'ers....Then shoot for 1rep full chug w/a 40.oz.'er!
Link Posted: 5/30/2002 4:18:21 PM EDT
[#6]
Squats rock!

Harp
Link Posted: 5/30/2002 4:21:16 PM EDT
[#7]
Deadlift. Less chance of getting hurt than with the clean and jerk. IMHO.
Link Posted: 5/31/2002 4:33:25 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Athough I am a big fan of the squat. I would say, if I had only one, it would be the deadlift. With the squat all the weight is easily supported on the top of you back.
View Quote

...that's if you do them bodybuilder-style.

Spread you legs wide, drop the weight off of you shoulders, and put lower on you back.
Best all around exercise, IMHO.

Then again, DL is the true purist's exercise.
Link Posted: 6/4/2002 2:12:30 PM EDT
[#9]

Bench Press.  Because I'm vain and proud of it.  I could always run stairs or something to keep my legs relatively fit.  

I agree squat or deadlift wouyld be the most practical/useful.
Link Posted: 6/5/2002 11:02:20 AM EDT
[#10]
Squats or deadlift
Link Posted: 6/9/2002 7:50:31 PM EDT
[#11]
Forearm curls. Not because it is a valuable excercise, but because I love to watch them grow.
Link Posted: 6/10/2002 10:18:29 PM EDT
[#12]
Bench press. A big chest and strong tri's.
Link Posted: 6/12/2002 4:14:48 PM EDT
[#13]
squats and deadlift.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top