Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/15/2002 7:46:08 AM EDT
How many of us work-out with a partner regulary,or do you just go to the gym by yourself.I prefer going by[:D] myself.Theres always someone around if you NEED a spot' on a heavy' day.Plus you do not waste time"chit-chatting" about crap!.......I only know a few parteners that go together and they seen to do their own seperate workouts most of the time.Some guys go with their friends to see who's STRONGER....the MachoMan stuff but they seem to go seldomly and exhibit poor form.
Link Posted: 5/15/2002 8:57:38 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/17/2002 10:16:56 AM EDT
[#2]
There are many benefits to a good workout partner.  One is to motivate you.  Competition can be a great motivator.  On the other hand, if your partner is way more advanced or way more of a novice than you, it can be frustrating.

I hate asking strangers for spots.  I use spotters on anything w/ a weight above my head or chest, so that is a lot.

I've been lifting w/ my girlfriend for years.  At first i had to teach her everything, but she is quite knowledgable now, and has a really nice ass from all those squats.[:D]  She is strong enough to spot me and does'nt let me slack off to much.  Lifting, along w/ some cardio really can do wonders for a female body.

Link Posted: 5/17/2002 10:23:22 AM EDT
[#3]
Masterbation is cool, but I like being with women whne I'm hitting the sack.
Link Posted: 5/22/2002 10:39:24 AM EDT
[#4]
I only worked out with a partner for years, but for the last year I have been working out by myself and have actually made more improvements.  Don't really know why that is.  Maybe I'm just more focused when I'm alone.  Now, I'd much rather work out by myself.  Lately, I've only been using dumbbells and I push myself a little harder if I know that no one is behind me.  Occasionally I'll get a spot for squats, military press, or flat bench press though.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top