Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/5/2002 7:32:05 PM EDT
Granted I've seen a 'couple' just plain HUGE BIG guys(6'2"-6'.5")250ish 2%bodyfat.....But the smaller in stature (5'-5'5") the huger they get with a 10/1 or 15/1 ratio or larger.Me thinks its easier to grow sidways(girth) when your smaller....or is it a optical illusion?.....what have you guys noticed?[?]
Link Posted: 5/6/2002 7:03:59 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/6/2002 11:01:57 AM EDT
[#2]
Tell me about it.  I'm 6'0" barefoot.  It takes a lot of work(and food) to look big.  I weigh 210 now.  To LOOK how I want, I probably need to get up to 230.  

Short guys always have the wide shoulders and sweeping lats too.  Whan a tall guy gets those, now that is impressive!
Link Posted: 5/6/2002 11:29:04 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 5/6/2002 12:06:20 PM EDT
[#4]
It is still genetics - you either have it or you don't.

One thing is for sure, given two equally genetically gifted persons a shorter statured individual will have an easier time benching and squatting - the distance of the lift (arm / leg length) is an advantage.
Link Posted: 5/6/2002 12:43:28 PM EDT
[#5]
I don't know about the easier to put the bulk on bit.  But I do know it takes less to look impressive.

My experience:

I'm pushing 6'2" and I had a room mate in college who was 5'6".  He had well built biceps, I looked very average.  We took measurements of circumference of our biceps and they were exactly the same.

FWIW
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top