Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/5/2002 3:23:48 PM EDT
  Is that total gym that chuck norris sells on the tv any good?
Link Posted: 5/5/2002 3:58:15 PM EDT
[#1]
Im a cynic'.....its probally good to a point.Your mindset toward your workouts is your governing factor.
Link Posted: 5/5/2002 5:19:17 PM EDT
[#2]
We have one.  They are well-made, heavy duty.  Supposedly used in rehab clinics, etc.  Works like advertised.  Its like any other piece of exercise equipment - it will probably end up collecting dust in your basement.

Link Posted: 5/6/2002 6:45:27 AM EDT
[#3]
The girlfriend has one.  I think that it would work well for someone who is just starting out with an exercise program or for women.  If you are already in shape and would like to add mass THIS IS NOT FOR YOU.  

Even at the highest resistance you will not be happy.  Its very easy for me and I'm not that strong.  But it works for her, and she is happy with it, so it just depends on what you want.  Just buy a weight bench w/ a lat bar, and some free weights instead.  It will work a lot better and will probably be a lot cheaper (Isnt the total gym like $800 or something?).  
Link Posted: 5/6/2002 6:49:29 AM EDT
[#4]
I owned one years ago.  They work well enough if your interest is in doing hi-rep/low weight type workouts.  Even at its steepest incline, the resistance it provides is less than half your body weight.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top