Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/3/2010 2:48:07 AM EDT
I'm talking about stuff like GNC Total Lean Burn 60.  I'm not expecting a miracle or something for nothing, just a little help to get me over a plateau and get the last 20 lbs off me.
Link Posted: 9/3/2010 2:59:29 AM EDT
[#1]
Most of 'em are mostly caffeine.

I haven't known anyone who said they were effective for anything other than "uppers" (i.e. take a few Hydroxycuts and let's go).
Link Posted: 9/3/2010 7:47:27 AM EDT
[#2]
Back in college I could work/study 20+ hours a day during the work week on those fuckers.

Maybe I've been tricked, but i think they help.
Link Posted: 9/3/2010 7:50:04 AM EDT
[#3]
If they really worked, would there be any fat people left?
Link Posted: 9/3/2010 7:58:15 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

People would still be too fat and lazy to use them.

Link Posted: 9/3/2010 3:20:25 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Quoted:

People would still be too fat and lazy to use them.

Wouldn't matter because their diets would still suck.

I personally like Lipo-6.  I have tried a few different kinds, and keep coming back to this one.  In fact, I just got a bottle last week.  It helps give me energy, and I use them as more of an "extra" kick in the pants before training.
Link Posted: 9/3/2010 5:39:08 PM EDT
[#6]
they worked when they contained ephedra
Link Posted: 9/3/2010 5:47:44 PM EDT
[#7]
Ive heard Ephedrine and caffeine works well.  Never had to use it myself, but I know people that have and liked the results.  Plus its cheaper than all the other pills, and there are not tons of ingreadents that may be useless or even dangerous.  

Caffeine is easy enough to get, and to get Ephedrine just buy primatene.  Its sold for asthma behind the counter at a pharmacy.  

Search EC stack for more details.

A pill can help, but diet and exercise is 95% of the battle.  I would make sure diet and exercise is good to go and I don't reccomend any pills until you hit a major plateau that you just can not break.

Link Posted: 9/3/2010 7:52:55 PM EDT
[#8]
An ECA stack (Ephedrine, Caffeine, Aspirin) is about the most effective that you can do legally.
Link Posted: 9/3/2010 8:52:27 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
A pill can help, but diet and exercise is 95% of the battle.

And diet is probably 90% of that.
Link Posted: 9/4/2010 12:18:59 PM EDT
[#10]
Ive done EC stacks (No aspirin) and have had great results with them. Bronkaid was the Eph that I used. Been off for a month and about to start the stack again.

ETA: It really came down mostly to a motivator for me. Placebo effect or not I did have more of an urge to run/gym it than when I wasnt on the stack.
Link Posted: 9/4/2010 12:22:29 PM EDT
[#11]
Thermogetic pills are supposed to help you burn 10% or so more fat when used with proper diet and exercise.  

They are pretty damned expensive for only 10%.  If you are safely loosing 5 to 6 lbs per month, you are paying $$$ for an extra half pound of loss??  Not worth it in my book.  Did I mention that it boosts your blood pressure too?
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 4:20:03 AM EDT
[#12]
I decided to go with an ECA stack and acquired the stuff this morning.  Got a box of Bronkaid at Walgreens along with some NoDoz and I took an 81mg Aspirin with it.  Bronkaid is kind of a hassle to buy.  Damn tweakers.....  Probably gonna go for a run in about an hour and see how I feel.  
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 9:52:33 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I decided to go with an ECA stack and acquired the stuff this morning.  Got a box of Bronkaid at Walgreens along with some NoDoz and I took an 81mg Aspirin with it.  Bronkaid is kind of a hassle to buy.  Damn tweakers.....  Probably gonna go for a run in about an hour and see how I feel.  

did you just start on a full dose day one? My wife had jitters and anxious feelings when she did. I skipped the caffeine for two days then went full dose and didnt feel any odd feelings. Drink lots of water and dont overdo it. The heart is already going faster than it normally does. You will probably reach your max heartrate quicker with less activity on the ECA till your body gets used to it.

Link Posted: 9/5/2010 11:20:56 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

You have no idea what you are doing. Do your research before you mess with ECA.
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 1:28:45 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:

You have no idea what you are doing. Do your research before you mess with ECA.

This will help get him started.
http://www.hotnfit.com/ecstack.htm
Dosing based on 20 or 25 mg ephedrine HCL pills (or ephedrine sulfate)

Note: 1E = 20 or 25 mg ephedrine
and .5E = 10 or 12.5 mg ephedrine

I am assuming caffeine tablets of 200 mg. So 1C = 200 mg, .5C = 100 mg
The caffeine tablets do not break in half well, approximate is fine.

A pill splitter works well on the ephedrine (can get at any pharmacy).

Day 1 - This day you would just take 1 dose to test whether you are hypersensitive to ephedrine (very rare). The dose will be .5E .5C
- symptoms of fast heart rate, and slight jitters are typical - like the feeling you get from having a lot of coffee.

Day 2-3 - You take 3 doses of .5 E .5C minimum 4 hours apart. I suggest keeping it so your last dose is at least 6 hours away from your bedtime.

Day 4-7 - Your dosing will be 1E 1C, .5E .5C, .5E .5C That is, you take full dose for your first dose only.

Day 8-14 - 1E 1C, 1E 1C, .5E .5C

Day 15 and onward - 1E 1C 3x/day

If you have trouble sleeping, keep your last dose 6-8 hours pre bed and/or decrease to 2 doses per day.

Things to Note

Note 1 - Do NOT take any other caffeinated products while on EC such as tea, cola, coffee. Drink additional water since caffeine is a diuretic.

Note 2 - If you have bladder issues/discomfort decrease your dose (either cut it in half, or take 2 doses per day instead of 3).
Note 3 - After ~4 weeks the loss of appetite and extra energy will mellow out, but the thermogenic effects continue for a very long time, so it is your choice whether to cycle off. The fat loss effects should continue. If you choose to take a 2 week break after 6-8 weeks, you can stay on the caffeine. You would go back to day 2 and raise the ephedrine slowly according to the schedule above when you go back on. I do not recommend exceeding 8 straight weeks. Take a minimum 2 week break after 8 weeks. Then restart with day 2.

Note 4 - The loss of appetite can be so severe that you may feel like throwing up if you eat a lot (in the first 1-2 weeks). I suggest eating very small meals (eg. 200 cals each) frequently, and feel free to add things which are not filling eg. cereal with milk, fruit, whey shakes.. try to ensure you eat at least at your BMR.

Note 5 - Taking an asthma inhaler while on EC may lead to overdose (they have similar activity). If you need to take inhalers for asthma, I would suggest NOT taking an EC stack.

Note 6 - Do NOT use in the heat. It is very easy to get overheated due to the thermogenic effects and this puts you at risk. You may want to avoid using this is very warm climates and/or outdoors.

Discontinue use if you experience: irregular heart beat, skipped heart beats, high blood pressure, panic, dizziness, agitation, or any other symptoms that concern you.

An EC Stack can cause your heart rate to rise, and extremely intensity activity should be avoided (eg. HIIT). I suggest not raising your heart rate above 80% MHR during cardio, that is 0.8*(220 - age). Weightlifting is not the same as HIIT as your heart rate does go up high, but you are resting frequently and it goes down. Some sports could be an issue. Remember you can always skip a dose before an activity where this would be an issue!

Link Posted: 9/5/2010 3:22:53 PM EDT
[#16]
After I took a full dose, I noticed I was slightly jittery.  My appetite was pretty much dead.  My resting heart rate went from the low 40's to the high 50's.  No other side effects noticed.
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 3:23:17 AM EDT
[#17]
Who here has used the EC stack, and with what results?  I've always wanted to try it, but am always worried about drug tests at work.  Thanks for any responses.
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 6:30:57 PM EDT
[#18]
it wont show up on any tests they dont look for it or if it does it doesnt seem to make a difference. Ive taken tests as Im a backup driver for the hotel. Either way Bronkaid/Primatine is an OTC asthma medicine not a prescription drug. No different than an inhaler.

First time I took EC stack was last year. I had been working on my cardio and weights for a while but wasnt pushing as hard as I knew I could and would take too many days off and still ate like crap. I quit soon after because I didnt get the "magic pill" effect. I knew it was my problem and not the stacks. I started again this year. I first started again (at 256lb size 38 pants were kinda loose) back about April. Eating cleaner (still have my vices though) and took the month of August as I was in Georgia with family. Im now sitting at 234 and a size 34 pants that are kinda loose. I dont chalk it all up to the EC stack but it certainly took away a bigtime excuse Ive always used: "Im too tired/lazy/unmotivated."

Im not training for anything or have a short term goal. I lose what I lose. I add as much distance to my runs as I can. I havent dont hardly any free weight work though. Just body weight (pushups, situps, pullups) I heard once and it sticks "Im training not to suck at life"
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 11:06:44 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

This.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 7:38:22 AM EDT
[#20]
I have dabbled in thermogenics since April.  I thought Lipo 6 and Cellucor D4 worked well.  I started around 275-280 and was 220 this morning.  Of course diet was HUGE part of it.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 7:57:31 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Quoted:

This.

yep this. Not sure if the ban went back into effect, but about 1.5 years ago there was aloophole that allow ephedra again, guessing they closed the loophole since then.

J-

Link Posted: 9/9/2010 8:56:30 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

This.

yep this. Not sure if the ban went back into effect, but about 1.5 years ago there was aloophole that allow ephedra again, guessing they closed the loophole since then.

J-

You can still get it at a pharmacy as an asthma medicine.  $13 for 60 Bronkaid pills at Walgreens, plus $6 for a bottle of NoDoz.  Just be prepared to show ID.  I've been cycling up since last Saturday.  I don't really feel too different, and I can't say if it's working or not, but I'll finish the box of Bronkaid out and see where I'm at.  Should be about 4 weeks when the box is empty, so that'll be a good time to cycle off.  For $20, it's a cheap experiment.  

Link Posted: 9/9/2010 12:22:59 PM EDT
[#23]
Check out "vaporize" if you do not like stimulants.

It has a very mild stimulant effect but nothing like some of the others
Vaporize

As always do some research before you buy
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 5:04:20 PM EDT
[#24]
I've been using these off and on for a while now. About 2 years.

They work very well!

Just make sure you cycle off of them routinely.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top