Link Posted: 7/5/2001 11:20:24 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 7/5/2001 11:35:32 AM EDT
[#2]
Will you keep it safe for me till I'm living in a free state? [:)]
Link Posted: 7/5/2001 11:35:38 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
What if I threw in a date with a SuperModel???
View Quote

Which SuperModel? [:)]
Link Posted: 7/5/2001 11:39:50 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 7/5/2001 11:53:56 AM EDT
[#5]
If a CA resident wins the raffle they get this deluxe AR-15 -

[img]http://store6.yimg.com/I/coolgadget1_1642_669229[/img]

[}:)]

Link Posted: 7/5/2001 11:59:59 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 7/5/2001 12:11:41 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 7/5/2001 12:20:16 PM EDT
[#8]
Heidi Klum?
Link Posted: 7/5/2001 12:22:59 PM EDT
[#9]
Excellent idea!!!
I think your memberships will flourish with this added bonus.  I would not have signed up before, but now? maybe.

My wife is on the local Ducks Unlimited committee.  They have a 15 gun raffle at each dinner.  Only 200 tickets are sold, 50.00 each or 3 for 100.00.  You have a 1 in 13 chance of winning.  It is always a huge success.

You might be able to put something like this together later for more fundraising for the sight.  Thanks again for your sight and your efforts.  It is greatly appreciated.
guns762
Link Posted: 7/5/2001 12:48:17 PM EDT
[#10]
Ok, and where is it that we are actually signing up?? The site must be here, I just don't see it???

Shoot safe
Robert In Maine
Link Posted: 7/5/2001 1:24:15 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 7/5/2001 1:33:24 PM EDT
[#12]
WHERE DO I SIGN? YOU GUYS TAKE MONEY ORDERS?!?!?

Edit: Actually, after giving this further thought, paying $60 dollars for a 1 in a 100 chance at winning a rifle is a lot, for just 1 out of a 100.

I do know that you also get the membership benifits also, but still....

If you gave 1 rifle away for every 50 new members, you would get A LOT more members. Maybe you could raise the price to those who want to be entered in the drawings 10 or 15 bucks...

I will still enter however, you would get lots more people to join, if you did 1 ever 50.

Captain

Also, could you send in another 60, to be entered in another drawing? how about 120 at once, to be entered twice in one drawning?
Link Posted: 7/5/2001 1:41:56 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 7/5/2001 2:14:54 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 7/5/2001 2:23:53 PM EDT
[#15]
Although, from what I hear, Goatcheese gives great "hummers" to dead guys...  [}:D]
Link Posted: 7/5/2001 2:31:07 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 7/5/2001 2:32:15 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 7/5/2001 3:15:15 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I just had dinner with Heidi and she says she doesn't want to do this... I suggested to take one for the pro gun team and she walked out... some people!

Perhaps she misunderstood what constituted a date???

]=)

Please don't start analyzing the "what if" alternatives. This is just an added bonus we wanted to give to those who wished to help out. Most of these people were willing to do so before the rifles and it's our way of saying thanks and maybe pushing a few that are on the edge to help out! (Keep in mind these are not $200 rifles we're talking about! Configurations, options, and extras can all vary from raffle to raffle and once you're in for the year, you're in for all raffles in that year!) The thought of smaller raffles and give-a-ways during the course of a year is up in the air as well. I just figured this was a nice way to break the ice!

If we sold tickets for say $30 we could sell twice as many in a heartbeat, but what you gain from it? It would just be one chance at a rifle... I figured this was just another bonus for membership contributions and a great way to get people involved!

Who knows maybe we'll give out a Hummer in a few years.  ]=)

-- GB

(And by Hummer I mean the TRUCK, not the other kind!)
View Quote

Correct me if I'm wrong Goatboy, but you seem to be contradicting yourself here.

Earlier you stated that for every new 100 paid members AR15.com receives, you will hold another raffle for a LEGP. So, you will have a 1 out of 100 chance. (Example: 200 new members, you hold two raffles for two different LEGPs)

Then you state, that ever member that has previously signed up will be entered in the every drawing.

That is not possible.

Say for instance that you have 315 paid members on this site. Recently another 100 members just sent in their dues, so, it's then time to hold another raffle. How could those 315 paid members be entered in the drawing for the new 100 member drawing(s)? Your chance would then be 1:415.

Please clarify yourself.

Thanks,

Captain O.

BTW: where do you sign up for being a member?
Link Posted: 7/5/2001 3:28:55 PM EDT
[#19]
I am happy to be in Goatboy, thanks for the add-on.  

Even without the raffle, I get full value from your site.

The raffle is nice frosting though!
Link Posted: 7/5/2001 3:45:12 PM EDT
[#20]
I didn't mean to criticize your idea Goatboy.  I just wanted you to know that I like the ideas you are coming up with, and to give you some more ideas for raffles in the future.  I realize that with an average price of 300.00 for the DU guns, you could not do a 15 gun raffle with the same odds using ARs costing twice that.  I just wanted to get you thinking for more fund raising in the future.  I apologize if it came across as criticism, I'm sure you've had enough of that.
guns762
Link Posted: 7/5/2001 4:05:36 PM EDT
[#21]
I think you guys are very generous!!!!!

Seriously!!! [:D][:D][:D][:D][:D]
[:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D]

ColtShorty

GOA KABA COA JPFO SAF NRA

"I won't be wronged,  I won't be insulted
and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do
these things to other people and I require
the same from them."
Link Posted: 7/5/2001 4:22:20 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 7/5/2001 4:57:24 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Seriously!!!
View Quote

[b]I agree, that is way too much!![/b]  I would love to have a free rifle but giving one away for every hundred memberships????  I honestly feel you've done more than enough already!
Link Posted: 7/5/2001 5:08:26 PM EDT
[#24]
I mailed off my membership dues this morning, only to find this thread when I got home from work. A very pleasant surprise indeed!!!

Toasting [beer] to GoatBoy, Ed and JLA

God Bless...
Link Posted: 7/5/2001 5:28:15 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By Kevin@AR15com_1&2:
Quoted:

Seriously!!!
View Quote

[b]I agree, that is way too much!![/b]  I would love to have a free rifle but giving one away for every hundred memberships????  I honestly feel you've done more than enough already!
View Quote

Are you serious,$60 bucks for membership X 1 rifle for each 100 members.That's $6000 dollars for a $700 dollar rifle?REAL GENEROUS!!
Link Posted: 7/5/2001 6:07:12 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Seriously!!!
View Quote

View Quote

Are you serious,$60 bucks for membership X 1 rifle for each 100 members.That's $6000 dollars for a $700 dollar rifle?REAL GENEROUS!!
View Quote

Well Josey, I think it's a good deal. It seems to me, that you believe, purchasing servers and bandwidth is something anyone can do with the change in their pocket. The Avila's have been more than genereous,  by providing this site and the time it takes to maintain it.

Sent my M.O out Tuesday [:)]
Link Posted: 7/5/2001 6:08:52 PM EDT
[#27]
Cool Beans!
Poor Kali people. Storage lockers in Nevada for them?
Link Posted: 7/5/2001 6:16:26 PM EDT
[#28]
Capt O. no flame here sir, but is it really necessary to over analyze every word typed by Goatboy? Some of us paid the fee as a way to help support this site. The extras we received for that fee, while nice, is not the reason we sent our money in. helping this site is. Now Goatboy, Grin & barrett and Anti have gotten together and added the bonus of a free LEPG # 223 to the pot. Seems pretty straight forward to me. I see no need to look a gift horse (goat) in the face here.Hey Joesy so WTF if it's $6,000 or $10,000 ? the point here is to raise funds for this site.if you wish to help support this site,fine.if not well that's fine also.no one is twisting anybody's arm to send in $60.00 of their hard earned $$$.but if you do,then you have a chance to walk away with a very nice rifle and be helping this site out at the same time.Once again,some of y'all here remind me of a little kid,whom on Christmas morning has a fit because the bike they received wasn't the color they wanted.as my mother would say " what a bunch of ingrates".mmk
Link Posted: 7/5/2001 6:49:42 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 7/5/2001 7:27:47 PM EDT
[#30]
My comments are based on my 3 years of freeloading here, nothing else.  I am glad people get a chance at a free rifle.  I just feel the Avila's have done a tremendous service already, and that's not even mentioning some of the crap they've endured.  
Link Posted: 7/5/2001 7:47:33 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 7/5/2001 10:17:33 PM EDT
[#32]
Hey Goat check your mail. I need so info so I can cut you a check.
Link Posted: 7/5/2001 10:46:35 PM EDT
[#33]
GB, thanks for holding the rifle for me when I win it. ;)  

I too sent my check in (you should get it tomorrow as you are all the way cross country) and then found this thread and appreciate the chance to win.  

To all the bitchers, this is a bonus for those who have profited from this site and wish to help out to ensure it stays here.  Josey, read your post again and think about it.  This site costs mucho bucks every month to run, the idea is that we help out and pay for the use we get from it.  Geez, everybody wants something for free.

Thanks again GoatBoy.

Oh yeah, once my check clears, then I'll start bitching. [;)]
Link Posted: 7/6/2001 12:02:20 AM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By Captain Obvious:
WHERE DO I SIGN? YOU GUYS TAKE MONEY ORDERS?!?!?

Edit: Actually, after giving this further thought, paying $60 dollars for a 1 in a 100 chance at winning a rifle is a lot, for just 1 out of a 100.

I do know that you also get the membership benifits also, but still....

If you gave 1 rifle away for every 50 new members, you would get A LOT more members. Maybe you could raise the price to those who want to be entered in the drawings 10 or 15 bucks...

I will still enter however, you would get lots more people to join, if you did 1 ever 50.

Captain

Also, could you send in another 60, to be entered in another drawing? how about 120 at once, to be entered twice in one drawning?
View Quote

OMG the horror of them giving away a free rifle. GB, Anti, and Grin be nice and apologize now for even thinking such a thing.

Seriously though McUzi wannabe oops I mean el capitan needs to take a real long walk off of a short plank. This dipshit wants to talk about contributing to the site, all he posts is bullshit.

Now that rant mode is off, thanks a lot guys I appreciate the effort put forth in making this a premier gunsite.

P.S. I would have payed up at Bulletfest, if I had known.
Link Posted: 7/6/2001 12:51:19 AM EDT
[#35]
GoatBoy,

Just email me address and I will send you a Money I order, I want to be a member here and I want in that Raffle, this maybe the best chance I have of getting one. Also I use this sight more that AOL. I consider this my Home ONline service.

Please email the address

Six
Link Posted: 7/6/2001 2:04:14 AM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 7/6/2001 2:32:53 AM EDT
[#37]
101_proof: I HATE McUZI. (Not all of my posts are stupid....)

Also, when was I criticizing Goatboy? All I have posted on this thread, was a NON-moronic question about the raffle. Jesus.

Captain(pissed off)O    
Link Posted: 7/6/2001 5:48:55 AM EDT
[#38]
Gee, now I'm glad I sent in the $60. Maybe I'll make it into the first 100, and some other people won't.
Link Posted: 7/6/2001 8:45:14 AM EDT
[#39]
I have had my Bio pic up for close to two hours now and Miss Magnum has not sent me an email looking for a date, there must be something wrong!
Link Posted: 7/6/2001 8:50:30 AM EDT
[#40]
Can you do this with a credit card?
Link Posted: 7/6/2001 9:46:36 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Can you do this with a credit card?
View Quote

I believe he's working on getting that setup.
Link Posted: 7/6/2001 10:47:35 AM EDT
[#42]
"Wow..thanks GoatBoy. What a great idea and generous offer by you,anti and G&B"
Link Posted: 7/6/2001 11:40:34 AM EDT
[#43]
whoah! i just saw this post, and think its a great idea! GB, any idea when the drawing will be? just wanna be sure to "tune in" incase i'm the lucky one! (yeah, right, if it wasn't for bad luck, i'd have no luck at all!)
Link Posted: 7/6/2001 12:13:36 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 7/6/2001 1:05:25 PM EDT
[#45]
I was reading the membership agreement and the following statement puzzled me:

"subscribers agree not to engage in advertising to, or solicitation of other subscribers to buy or sell any products or services through the service without prior written consent"

What does that mean exactly?  Does this mean you wouldn't be able to sell stuff on the equipment exchange?

Also, what number are you up to? and how would someone become a member if they chose to?

Thanks
Scott   [uzi]
Link Posted: 7/6/2001 1:39:02 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 7/6/2001 2:31:42 PM EDT
[#47]
M15A2
Send me your credit card and I will take care of it for you.

hielo

YIKES!  [:O]
Link Posted: 7/6/2001 3:21:13 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
M15A2
Send me your credit card and I will take care of it for you.

hielo

YIKES!  [:O]
View Quote

Did you used to be known as Paul308? [;)]
Link Posted: 7/6/2001 5:14:12 PM EDT
[#49]
I thought it was a rifle raffle and not a magazine raffle...
Link Posted: 7/6/2001 5:22:07 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Seriously!!!
View Quote

View Quote

View Quote

Wrong!! If you win, you get the $700.00 rifle for $60.00. When the membership increases by
another 100 members another rifle is given away. If you win again you now have 2 $700.00
rifles for $60.00.
My check is written and will be posted Saturday
morning.
Thank you [smoke]
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top