Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/25/2012 11:27:03 AM EDT
Ive upgraded from a Artillery model to a full sized SAA, need a new holster.

My belt is by El Paso, so Im leaning towards them for a new holster, but Cimmeron offers the same holster Im looking at "Wes Hardin" model, for about 10 bucks cheaper.  Any exp with the Cimmeron leathers?

Link Posted: 12/26/2012 6:51:04 PM EDT
[#1]
I realize they weren't in your original question but, I've had VERY good luck with Kirkpatrick leather.  Might want to check them out too.

No experience with El Paso or Cimmaron.
Link Posted: 3/8/2013 11:22:13 PM EDT
[#2]
I've got a couple of modern style from El Paso and a friend of mine picks up a new rig for every cowboy gun he gets from them.  I just can't see saving 10 bucks being a good reason to not use them.  All their gear is solid and just seems like the kind of leather that will still be kicking around with whoever inherits in long after I'm gone.
Link Posted: 5/1/2014 9:25:03 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Combat_Diver] [#3]
I've got El Paso Saddlery holster that are close to 30 yrs old and still very good condition.  Can't go wrong with them.  Plus they were in business when the cattle drives where in!

CD
Link Posted: 5/1/2014 9:44:38 PM EDT
[#4]
Hey CD, Great to see you around these parts again.

Your retired now yes?

Link Posted: 5/2/2014 1:25:19 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By PSYWAR1-0:
Hey CD, Great to see you around these parts again.

Your retired now yes?

View Quote

Yes, retired but still active training.  On my way back from Thailand at the moment.

CD
Link Posted: 5/2/2014 6:25:06 AM EDT
[#6]
Good deal,

Im still at that same place in Indiana.

Anyway I ended up picking this holster up in a trade with a a buddy and the whole purpose of this thread kinda went away

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top