Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/1/2012 1:52:08 PM EDT
Looking to pick up some 45LC for my new Uberti Hombre.

Just dipping my toe in the CAS water at this point.  If I like the shooting will but another Hombre.  I have a 20" 12 SxS I bought years ago I thought looked cool.

I guess I'd also need a rifle...in 45LC....

Some direction on ammo would be appreciated.
Link Posted: 2/1/2012 2:20:28 PM EDT
[#1]
Originally Posted By easy610:
Looking to pick up some 45LC for my new Uberti Hombre.

Just dipping my toe in the CAS water at this point.  If I like the shooting will but another Hombre.  I have a 20" 12 SxS I bought years ago I thought looked cool.

I guess I'd also need a rifle...in 45LC....

Some direction on ammo would be appreciated.

Don't know but check smokewagon.com
I used to buy from Cabela's on sale but it's gotten higher since then.

Henry/66/73 can be run faster than the 92 and that big loop lever will slow you down.

Never fan a single action revolver.
When at half cock always take it to full cock before releasing hammer to lower it.
If it's glitchy at all a Wolf spring kit and timing check can do wonders for your single action.
Link Posted: 2/1/2012 5:16:32 PM EDT
[#2]
stop calling it "long" colt.......
Link Posted: 2/2/2012 12:48:20 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the information on my 45LOOOONG Colt revolver.

And on the rifle avenue.
Link Posted: 2/20/2012 4:09:51 PM EDT
[#4]
The older Marlins are nice.....I like the extra barrel length from a 24" Marlin Cowboy.
Uberti 1873's are the fastest but require some work to run there.
Do you want to play?.......or compete?
Speed requires that you spend some money.
Reloading is best for the .45's!!
Link Posted: 2/21/2012 3:07:04 AM EDT
[#5]
Two companies I really like:

BVAC: http://www.bvac-ammo.com/pdf/Cowboy2012.pdf

and

The Hunting Shack: http://store.thehuntingshack.com/cowboyaction.aspx

They usually are out at the local gunshows, so I can pick them up without shipping for a little less than $0.50 per round

Learn to load your own though, you will come out ahead in the long run, but that depends on how much shooting you do.

Best of luck HOMBRE!

Will
Link Posted: 2/21/2012 4:29:09 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks for the information, gentlemen.

I am looking to have some fun..to start.  But I know I can get competitive so...

Considering the better-half is watching and I have other bills trying to do this as cheap as possible.

Thus far have 2 Uberti Hombre 4.75" in 45LC and a 20" coach 12 ga. SxS.  So only need a rifle to compete.  Looking at either Rossi or Henry Big Boy...

Really like the look of the Henry, but it is about twice the cost.

I ordered ammo from Georgia Arms for $26 for 50 rds, plus shipping.  

ANY suggestions would be appreciated.  I am open to some direction.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 6/4/2012 8:31:07 AM EDT
[#7]
For entry level rifle if you can find one Rossi 92 in your choice of caliber. I have a 20" carbine in.357 magand after useing steve's dvd and spring it is slick and smooth. Love it a little work and they work great.
Link Posted: 3/3/2013 4:59:35 PM EDT
[#8]
I've got a Marlin Cowboy and I like the heck out of it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top