Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/14/2016 10:01:32 PM EDT
Hey,

I'm always looking to add to my training tools.

For some reason, the cost of the Ring's/Blue/ASP/Red/Rubber whatever simulators are typically out-frigging-rageous. I'd still like to pick up an AK (threat weapon), a box cutter, and a shotgun.

I am thinking, since the shotguns are about two bills, I may buy an airsoft gun, fill it full of spray foam to give it some rigidity, then spray it with that stuff you dip handles in, using their blue color.

Has anybody else ever homebrewed a simulator?
Link Posted: 8/17/2016 11:53:27 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Acebris] [#1]
Glock has requested restrictions on the sale of Glock simulated weapons to LE only (with the usual Government "discount").

Look for other brands, try Cold Steel, they sell an affordable Model 92 and revolver type simulator.  The point of a simulator is
just to simulate a live weapon, it doesn't have to be a perfect replica.  I've seen some pretty bad copies and they've done their job
for training purposes.

Also, keep a watch on government surplus sites (govdeals.com for example)...they occasionally pop up there in small to large quantities.

I can't say the airsoft idea is a good one.  "Rubber" guns are solid for a reason, they can be (and will be) abused.
Link Posted: 9/17/2017 2:53:11 PM EDT
[#2]
At the time I was asking, I had sourced a couple of near-size airsoft replicas for like twenty bucks each. I could duct tape the barrels and stocks back on, because as you say, they're for visual recognition, not holster making.

I may revisit that next year. My training plan hasn't gone so well this year. I'd still like to find a urethane X400V so I can use my current holsters for dry fire and other training, though...
Link Posted: 12/15/2017 1:38:46 PM EDT
[#3]
You might try looking for Theatrical and Movie props

https://www.sasguns.com/

Good luck.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top