Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/11/2017 2:47:44 PM EDT
In a couple months, I'm going to be up in Florence to attend the LTC Original Instructor Course. The packet they emailed me is kind of vague on details regarding the classroom portion. What kind of stuff do they cover there? Based on the info they gave me when I signed up, I can imagine that they will hit the State's laws pretty hard; but two days seems kind of overkill to teach it.

Also, anyone know what kind of targets they use?

...and, any tips for a novice revolver shooter? I've shot them before, and trained with them; but I've never had to qualify with one.

TIA for any assistance.

*Mods, if I put this in the wrong spot, my apologies. I'm still trying to learn the layout of all the forums.
Link Posted: 3/11/2017 2:52:12 PM EDT
[#1]
Might want to post in the Texas HTF.
Link Posted: 3/11/2017 2:54:04 PM EDT
[#2]
Yeah, it was a toss up between the two, so I figured I had a 50/50. Good thing I didn't buy any scratch cards today.

ETA: How do I move it?
Link Posted: 3/11/2017 4:58:52 PM EDT
[#3]
It's the same shooting test to get your LTC. But you have to do it with both a revolver and a semi-auto. And you have to make a good score. Honestly you should be able to make a perfect score with ease if you are a firearms instructor. I made perfect scores and it was raining hard that day, I got soaked. Bring a raincoat and hat just in case. I used a S&W 686 with 38 specials, and a S&W M&P 9mm. Practice your shooting if you're worried about it. It's 3, 7, and 15 yards. Box of 50 rounds. 20, 20, 10 rounds. It's mostly classroom how to teach an LTC class. It's easy man. People had the hardest time with grading targets for some reason though. Standard B27 silhouette targets. 
Link Posted: 3/11/2017 5:52:15 PM EDT
[#4]
Good deal. Thanks for the info; that's exactly what I was looking for.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top