Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/2/2016 7:28:56 AM EDT
Are red dots the best option for shooting handguns in the dark?  I've tried to get used to just using a weapon-mounted light, but tracking the front sight and a moving target gets tricky in low-light situations.  I'm contemplating getting a 6 Second Mount for my G34 and making it a dedicated HD gun, but I wanted some other opinions.  THanks.
Link Posted: 12/7/2016 8:00:50 PM EDT
[#1]
Maybe a set of Trijicon night sights?
Link Posted: 12/9/2016 8:57:12 PM EDT
[#2]
I would suggest finding one to try this first.

I have used a red dot on an AR in low light.  I find I can open both eyes and have more room information than by a weapons mounted light only.  If the light is not too dim in the room I can recognize shoot vs no shoot targets.  This is in an artificial situation, I already know where the targets are, and what they look like, and how many to engage from each position.

Link Posted: 12/19/2016 10:43:53 PM EDT
[#3]
Totally depends on the lighting and the dot. Sometimes the red dot is so damn bright you can't see through the glass well in the dark, but I know there are models that don't have that issue. 

I really like the Dual RMR from Trijicon because it's fiber and tritium, no batteries. 
Link Posted: 1/11/2017 5:05:02 AM EDT
[#4]
My personal opinion, a G34 with the 6 secont mount + Aimpoint Micro and Surefire x300U like you have proposed would make a very formidable HD gun.

Overall, even other than HD it just sounds like a hell of a lot of fun to shoot
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top