Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 8/27/2010 9:32:55 PM EDT
Front sight is having a promotion on there 4 day Defensive Handgun Class for $69.I know they will try and sale a lifetime memebership, but I here they arn't pushy.
http://www.ignatius-piazza-front-sight.com/2010/08/23/front-sights-greatest-opportunity-in-firearms-training-history/
Link Posted: 8/27/2010 10:23:37 PM EDT
Ya know, after a year of emails, I finally decided to pony up the 70 bucks and check it out. I'm gonna wait a few months til they post up the schedule for 2011,
and then take the concealed carry course afterward.

This guy has a pretty good write up.....

http://www.thepeaches.com/guns/frontsight/

Link Posted: 8/28/2010 7:43:49 AM EDT
The caveat of the $69 deal: It is only for a mid-week course. Remembering past class sked's, there were only a few mid-week classes scheduled. Most were Saturday-Tuesday. I bought 2 cert's anyway.
Link Posted: 9/2/2010 3:06:12 PM EDT
yeah i got one to, thining about trying to escape north idaho winter for a while and get down the

anyone every been to one of these courses. how'd you like it.
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 5:45:33 PM EDT
How often does this thing come up? Last week it was $69, this week (ending today) it's $89. Trouble is, while I have the cash on me, the bank account is week until Tuesday.

I've only been on the receiving end of Front Sight's mail bombing campaign for a couple of months, so I don't know it this is a cyclic thing or not.

Also, does anybody know if there's anyplace on sight or nearby for primitive camping?
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 3:55:12 PM EDT
I bought 2 at $69 also. I've done their 4 day handgun before, and thought it was excellent.

They try to sell their memberships during ONE of the lunch breaks. They tell you ahead of time which lunch it is, and make it very clear attendance is optional for the sales pitch.
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 2:19:32 AM EDT
Good to know. I pulled the trigger on one of the $89 certificates. They've got some for $99 now.

Is there any kind of primitive camping around the place? Just how shoestring can it be done?
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 10:53:46 AM EDT
I found a review of the 4-Day defensive handgun training that talked a bit about camping just outside of the gates.

http://www.utahpreppers.com/2009/02/review-front-sight-four-day-defensive-handgun-course/
Link Posted: 9/16/2010 9:54:02 AM EDT
Originally Posted By TheOTHERmaninblack:
Good to know. I pulled the trigger on one of the $89 certificates. They've got some for $99 now.

Is there any kind of primitive camping around the place? Just how shoestring can it be done?

My friends and I just got back from the 4 day handgun course. I already have the CCW so I did not stick around for day 5. We camped out of an RV just outside the gate, no problem. Split 4 ways the RV and gas ran us about 190 each. Of course add in food or whatever as well. Point is you can get it done pretty cheap if you go with an RV. Course is excellent. I would wait for the weather to cool down a bit though, at times that sun was pretty rough.
Top Top