Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/2/2007 3:31:01 PM EDT
[Last Edit: RonLauinger]
Should you lower your level of awareness long enough for a confrontation to occur and escalate, or should your personal security be circumvented beyond your control, you must have the defensive skills to take back control and win the confrontation.

At LMI, you will not learn how to ‘just’ shoot, you will learn the skills to rapidly, and effectively deploy a defensive weapon which can help you win
a lethal confrontation.

The courses are demanding, as tactics are stressed, and you will be moving and shooting alot.  During the basic shotgun course you will fire 300 rounds or more, and Defensive pistol II, 1000 rounds.  This training surpases most Law Enforcement and military training.

The courses of instruction are either one day, or two day, depending on your needs.

Check out the new Defensive Shotgun Video on the service page, to see a new student on the second day of the course:  
Shotgun video, bottom of page

For more information on defensive training in the  Rochester, NY area, please visit:

WWW.LMIInc.com

We offer basic to advanced instruction in Personal Defense, Defensive pistol and Defensive shotgun.  At LMI the students will learn the skills needed to win a lethal confrontation, not learn to sit and wait, as experienced at most schools. Close Quarter Engagements, and tactics are emphasized in all defensive courses.

Law Enforcement Officers and Government personnel get a 15% discount on all training courses at LMI.

All groups of 3 to 5 get a 25% discount off each student.

I will travel to your range (within six hours of Rochester, NY) with seven students attending the course.

Training is every Monday and Tuesday. ALL YEAR ROUND.  LMI offers all of it's courses in the winter, as well as the summer, as you never know when or where you will need the skills to defend yourself.  We live where it snows, why not know how  to shoot in it.

Any questions, please ask

[email protected]

Be safe
Link Posted: 9/12/2007 8:36:45 PM EDT
[#1]
bump
Link Posted: 9/15/2007 9:26:05 PM EDT
[#2]
bump
Link Posted: 9/18/2007 10:54:29 PM EDT
[#3]
BBT

Spreading the word,

This course is fantastic, 300 rounds, or more, and alot of moving,,,

Link Posted: 9/18/2007 11:03:22 PM EDT
[#4]
Have you held any of these courses yet? Just wondering.
Link Posted: 9/19/2007 8:57:58 AM EDT
[Last Edit: RonLauinger] [#5]
Yes, several.  The students love the course, as it is far from being typical.  I finished one yesterday, and the student is now enrolled in the Defensive Knife course that LMI offers.  The vast majority of the time, the student is moving, and transitioning between slugs and OObuck, while engaging both steel and paper targets, at different distances,  ALL while trying to either move to cover, creating a smaller profile or moving.  There is little 'just standing around'.   There are several RPD also interested, and they are trying to get the department to pay for the courses.
Link Posted: 9/22/2007 12:08:23 PM EDT
[#6]
BBT,  there is now a video on the service page of the  web site,  check out part of the shotgun course,,,,,
be certain to shrink the size for better quality movie,,,

http://www.lmiinc.com/LMIinc_Services.html
Link Posted: 9/22/2007 4:42:36 PM EDT
[#7]
The video looked great. I may have to look for somthing for the Wife and kid to do in the Rochester area for a weekend! I've wanted to take a shotgun course for a while now.

Originally Posted By RonLauinger:
Yes, several.  The students love the course, as it is far from being typical.  I finished one yesterday, and the student is now enrolled in the Defensive Knife course that LMI offers.  The vast majority of the time, the student is moving, and transitioning between slugs and OObuck, while engaging both steel and paper targets, at different distances,  ALL while trying to either move to cover, creating a smaller profile or moving.  There is little 'just standing around'.   There are several RPD also interested, and they are trying to get the department to pay for the courses.
Link Posted: 9/22/2007 10:21:50 PM EDT
[Last Edit: RonLauinger] [#8]
Hi riese,,

After going through your comments, I relized that you mentioned 'weekend'.

The firearm courses are held Monday's and Tuesdays.  I talked to several people, and it seemed that it was easier to take off work for two days, than to take off weekends, because of familiy commitments.  The courses start around 0900, and end around 1600, or earlier, depending on the class.

Also,  where are you at?   To add alittle fun, and educate at the same time, I usually spend an two hours in the students house, (if they wish), and we do house clearing, and force on force.  I do this by verifying that your shotgun is empty, and I put a lasern inside your barrel.  Then, I place computerized targets in your house, and I even put one in a vest and wear it.  Then, you learn to traverse your house, engaging targets at night (or dark), and engage me, should you see me.  It teaches alot, and the students have fun learning.  It's the latest in military and law enforcement technology.

Be Safe,

Ron

[email protected]

MODS...   THIS WAS SUPPOSE TO BE EMAILED,  MY BUST<<<
Link Posted: 9/25/2007 10:31:46 PM EDT
[#9]
BUMP,,
Link Posted: 9/29/2007 12:36:58 AM EDT
[#10]
bump
Link Posted: 9/30/2007 4:28:41 PM EDT
[#11]
Hello everyone.  I am a student at LMI and I have taken this shotgun course and I must say it was very fun indeed and I learned a lot!  This isnt your average range course where you just stand around and shoot.  This course gets your adrenaline pumping and gets you moving.  I learned so much in this course and can now say I am pretty damn good with this shotgun and could hold my own in any situation.  You will be running back and forth to cover and concealment while the LMI instructor calls out targets at random.  He may also load your tube with dummy rounds so you will learn awareness, clear your bad shell and keep moving.  Durig all of this you will be changing rounds, going from slug to buck and back.  You will never know what target is next so you must be ready at all times. I cant wait to start the pistol course soon!
Link Posted: 10/7/2007 3:27:47 PM EDT
[#12]
BBT
Link Posted: 10/10/2007 6:34:51 PM EDT
[#13]
bbt
Link Posted: 10/13/2007 11:32:01 PM EDT
[#14]
BBT
Link Posted: 10/19/2007 8:02:43 PM EDT
[#15]
BBT
Link Posted: 11/2/2007 2:34:59 PM EDT
[#16]
to the top,,
Link Posted: 11/18/2007 10:54:26 PM EDT
[#17]
To the top
Link Posted: 12/4/2007 8:00:14 PM EDT
[#18]
to the top
Link Posted: 12/21/2007 9:02:49 PM EDT
[#19]
to the top
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 12:12:01 AM EDT
[#20]
Testing sig.

Link Posted: 12/28/2012 12:13:21 AM EDT
[#21]
frack

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top