Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/24/2017 5:24:19 PM EDT
So this season is winding down for majors. I will be doing L1s of course but figure now is the time to play around in other divisions. I am looking into a decent 1911 for Single Stack. I am eyeballing a SIG 1911 MAXM in 9mm to shoot this division. This would allow me to use the same 9mm ammo I use for production. So no new ammo stack. What are the groups thoughts on that?
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 3:23:59 PM EDT
[#1]
If you are looking for the best off the shelf 9mm, The Dan Wesson PM9 is where it is at. Hands down better than the SIG. Fitting is better, parts are better, Traditional extractor (which means you can service it).

You will have to shoot minor so you will be at a disadvantage at some matches and have an advantage at others.
Link Posted: 9/26/2017 6:36:04 AM EDT
[#2]
Interesting I will check it out.

As for Minor I am doing it for these reasons really:

1. Use the same 147gr 9mm I use for Production so no new caliber to stock.
2.  A 147gr / 900fps 9mm in a 41-43oz 1911 is going to shoot super flat. One of these will weight twice as much as my G34 and that does not kick really so I imagine this will be super nice.
3. 10 rounds in mag vs 8. I can afford a make up shot if I call a miss and still not need to do a flat foot reload. if I do not need to do make up shots then I reload on the move just like Prod for no loss. As I read on BE: One flat foot reload is worth 4-5 C hits at least in minor scoring.
Link Posted: 9/27/2017 11:32:22 AM EDT
[#3]
I'd head over to dawson precision.  They have competition ready hard chrome STI Trojan 9mm in stock.
Link Posted: 9/28/2017 7:11:26 PM EDT
[#4]
Go major.  You'll be glad you did.
Link Posted: 9/28/2017 8:14:59 PM EDT
[#5]
I'd like to give PCC a try........but I suppose I'd need a PCC to do that.  

Instead, i guess I'll try to bump up a class in these last 4 matches i have.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top