Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/28/2017 8:23:56 AM EDT
I’ve been shooting Open division for the last 10 months, but I decided to dust off my Production gun (CZ SP-01 Shadow from Automatic Accuracy) and shoot the MS State USPSA Production Championship this weekend.

I’ve taken the past month off from shooting to relax, refresh, and re-motivate myself, so I came into this match with zero practice with this gun. I think having no expectations except to have fun really helped me relax and just follow the sights. I ended up with my best finish in a Level 2 match, 87.18% of the winner and 11th out of 118 shooters overall.

POV Video:
2017 MS State USPSA Production Match | POV

3rd Person Video:
2017 MS State USPSA Production Championship | 3rd Person
Link Posted: 6/28/2017 10:32:31 AM EDT
[#1]
That's an impressive finish, especially with a seldom-shot gun and no practice time.  

Looks like you need a division switch!  
Link Posted: 6/28/2017 10:40:43 AM EDT
[#2]
Nicely done.

Are shooting blackpowder or lead bullets covered in motor oil? That shit is smoky.
Link Posted: 6/28/2017 10:43:36 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By wtturn:
That's an impressive finish, especially with a seldom-shot gun and no practice time.  

Looks like you need a division switch!  
View Quote
Thanks!  I didn't think it was too bad, considering I was a 71% Production shooter when I stopped shooting that division.

It was a big change, switching to a 2011 (though now they feel great in my hands), but it really didn't take much to get back going with the CZ.  I did 2-30 minute dry fire sessions about a week before the match (no live fire), mainly to remember how to reload without a magwell.  I forgot how much I like the gun, but I still want to keep going in Open until I make A.  I've got the MS State Open match at the end of July and the Limited match at the end of September, so I'll switch to Limited at some point in between those two.  After that, it's still up in the air.  I'll probably stick with Open, but I may stick with Limited for a while.  I'm not sure I want to go back to Production anytime soon.
Link Posted: 6/28/2017 10:44:56 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By JCIN:
Nicely done.

Are shooting blackpowder or lead bullets covered in motor oil? That shit is smoky.
View Quote
Thanks!  Acme coated bullets on top of Clays.  It's smoky, but I don't notice it while I'm shooting.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top