Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/23/2017 7:49:10 AM EDT
Shot my first steel match on Saturday with a G17. Pretty humbling when the guy with the hopped up 10/22 would obviously dust me in a gunfight. 

Already to much into USPSA gear but our club is now rotating ISPSA/Steel Challenge matches. 

Just think it might be fun to try the rimfire rifle game. 

Only thing I'd need would be a Spee-D-Loader. 

120 rds .22 Marlin model 60 tubefeed speedloader9QqfX8CjWeE

Any reason I can't shoot my Nylon66 in this game? 
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 1:40:08 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 78JeepCJ] [#1]
Originally Posted By dogsplat:
Shot my first steel match on Saturday with a G17. Pretty humbling when the guy with the hopped up 10/22 would obviously dust me in a gunfight. 

Already to much into USPSA gear but our club is now rotating ISPSA/Steel Challenge matches. 

Just think it might be fun to try the rimfire rifle game. 

Only thing I'd need would be a Spee-D-Loader. 

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/9QqfX8CjWeE/mqdefault.jpg120 rds .22 Marlin model 60 tubefeed speedloader9QqfX8CjWeE

Any reason I can't shoot my Nylon66 in this game? 
View Quote

When .22 guns run good, they are fast.
But I haven't sen too many 100% runs good .22's at many matches.
And rarely do they knock down  steel with one hit....if at all.
So it sometimes becomes a question of whether you got all your hits.

Personally...I say use the .22 a couple times while building a glock mag 9mm lower AR.
Nearly as fast, nearly as light, you can reload for it, you can tune the gun easily, most AR parts work on it ( i.e.  you can improve the trigger, change grip, etc) you have glock mags, and they are more fun then .22 is.
And.... hot 115 9mm rounds will drop steel....just as well as subsonic 147 will too.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top