Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/7/2010 10:31:59 PM EDT
Could anyone here post a picture of an AR15 with an M1907 sling set up the way described by Jim Owens in his book "Leather Sling and Shooting Positions"?  (For those who haven't read the book, it's not the "Army way" as shown in FM 23-5 and on the Fulton Armory website.  Supposedly it's the method used by the Marine Corps rifle team.)

I actually have the book and tried to follow the step by step process for attaching the sling to the rifle, and... I must have done something wrong.  My sling does not adjust the way described in the book and I don't see how it can be set as a loop sling without major complications.  So now the rest of the book is largely useless because the other chapters assume that one is starting with a properly slung sling.  

While the book does have pictures, they're of poor quality and none of them show what the attached sling is supposed to look like.  If I could just see one good picture, I could figure out what loops where and what hooks into what.

Link Posted: 9/8/2010 2:39:56 AM EDT
[#1]
http://www.ray-vin.com/frtech.htm
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 12:10:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks, KC65.  That's just what I wanted.
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 1:48:17 AM EDT
[#3]
I know you asked for the USMC way, but here is another take on rigging up your sling.

No Pulse
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top