Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/16/2016 6:48:39 PM EDT
None of my local Fire Departments will sell or give firehose.  Where do you source yours for hanging steel targets.  We are trying to setup a Labor Day weekend shoot for some kids.
Link Posted: 7/16/2016 6:53:56 PM EDT
[#1]
eBay- search used firehose
Link Posted: 7/16/2016 6:57:39 PM EDT
[#2]
How much do you need?
Link Posted: 7/16/2016 7:35:39 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Southrnshooter:
How much do you need?
View Quote

10 to 15 feet.  We need the real stuff. Double jacketed. Not the Ebay fake fire hose.  
Link Posted: 7/16/2016 7:45:28 PM EDT
[#4]
If you know a refrigeration tech, have him grab some strip curtain material next time he replaces some. I use it and it really takes the rounds. If you want some new stuff you could check the local refrigeration supply house or maybe order from  a place called Refrigeration Hardware.
Link Posted: 7/16/2016 7:46:06 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By Tearapin:

10 to 15 feet.  We need the real stuff. Double jacketed. Not the Ebay fake fire hose.  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
How much do you need?

I have 3-400 ft of 1 3/4" double jacket in my storage building.  I'm a retired Asst Fire Chief and my department throws away our old hose.  I'll send you what you need if you will cover the shipping.  I can probably get that in a large USPS Priority box.  IM me with your address and I will get it out on Monday.

If you need 2 1/2" hose, let me know.  I think I have some of that too.
Link Posted: 7/16/2016 8:18:28 PM EDT
[#6]

I have 3-400 ft of 1 3/4" double jacket in my storage building.  I'm a retired Asst Fire Chief and my department throws away our old hose.  I'll send you what you need if you will cover the shipping.  I can probably get that in a large USPS Priority box.  IM me with your address and I will get it out on Monday.

View Quote

You have IM.
Link Posted: 7/16/2016 8:20:03 PM EDT
[#7]
Most Departments throw away attack lines once they fail annual hose testing.
The trick is to know when your local fd tests its hose
Link Posted: 7/17/2016 2:45:49 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By mattcz:
View Quote

They were borderline rude.  Acted like I was bothering them.
Link Posted: 7/17/2016 6:11:47 AM EDT
[#9]

View All Quotes
How much do you need?

arfcom is awesome!
Link Posted: 7/17/2016 9:21:36 AM EDT
[Last Edit: SteelonSteel] [#10]
Yep, that used to be rather easy to get.    In the St. Lawrence River area where I used to work you'd see scads of the stuff on dock edges, either nailed straight or bunched up like corrugated tin.

Some places would give it away only after they cut the ends off so it was good for that.
Link Posted: 7/18/2016 7:32:19 PM EDT
[#11]

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By mattcz:

Hey man, I apologize for the actions of some of the brethren.  Just like cops, there are good firefighters, and some bad.  Sorry you ran into some jerks.

The hose is in the mail.  Should arrive on Wednesday.  I'll IM you with a tracking number.  Was able to get around 37ft of 1 3/4" hose in the large priority box.  Hope that works out for you and the kids.

Link Posted: 7/18/2016 8:01:35 PM EDT
[#12]
That sucks. It better not have been my department.  
Sorry I don't know how to quote.
Link Posted: 10/18/2022 11:50:06 AM EDT
[#13]
For anyone else interested, that can't otherwise get some, I get mine from repurposedmaterialsinc.com.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top