Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/3/2014 11:22:03 PM EDT
Hello guys, I get such good advice about everything AR15 related that I thought I would ask about shotguns too: I am looking to get an FN SLP shotgun but can't decide between the 18" and 22" model. I am 5' 8" tall and weigh 160 lbs. (and I'm 45 years old now) so the thought of a shorter barrel is appealing since it would be a quicker, lighter, and less barrel heavy. On the other hand, the extra capacity and ability to do a little more hunting wise (though I don't seem to ever go) would be nice. Which would you choose?
Link Posted: 12/4/2014 12:19:13 AM EDT
[#1]
I chose the 22 a couple years ago...haven't regretted it. The 22" SLP is one mean boom stick. That being said I don't think the 18 would be a bad choice. It's a very simple trade...weight/length vs capacity.  

For a hd shotgun, I'd likely go 18. For any other purpose I'd go 22.
Link Posted: 12/5/2014 8:24:26 AM EDT
[#2]
The 18" is better for practical use but if you plan on doing any 3gun type competition the 22" is the better choice.
Link Posted: 12/6/2014 6:37:18 PM EDT
[#3]
I would consider the beretta 1301 which will come with a factory 13" length of pull stock rather than the 14 1/4" on the SLP.  I have the 18" SLP and it is a decent shotgun but I wish it had a short stock option.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top