Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/16/2017 1:10:17 AM EDT
Hey,  i need a Dry fire routine which i can do a few times a week for 10minutes or so.

The main focus should be on SEEING,  especially for fast target aquisition, shooting with both eyes open and transition from target to target....

My grip,  trigger control etc is good,  but shooting with both eyes open slows me down.

What do you recommend?

Thx a lot!
Link Posted: 6/16/2017 10:52:47 AM EDT
[#1]
Refinement and Repitition by Anderson
http://www.andersonshooting.com/products/refinement-and-repetition/

Dry-Fire Training Reloaded by Stoeger
http://benstoegerproshop.com/dry-fire-training-reloaded-for-the-practical-pistol-shooter-by-ben-stoeger-paperback-book/
Link Posted: 6/16/2017 11:15:06 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Dry-Fire Training Reloaded by Stoeger
http://benstoegerproshop.com/dry-fire-training-reloaded-for-the-practical-pistol-shooter-by-ben-stoeger-paperback-book/
View Quote
This.

Both also have pod casts that are worth your time.  Heads up, Anderson like Van Halen, a lot.
Link Posted: 6/20/2017 5:17:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Practicing dry firing, reloading practice, and position acquisition has long been an accepted way of improving one's skill without firing a round.  

As for having one eye open slowing you down, why not learn to shoot both ways?  That way, you can switch between the fine focus detail available with one eye shut, and the expanded field of view available with both eyes open.   Knowing how to use both techniques does not restrict you to using only one of those techniques.

It is no different than a boxer knowing 5-6 different ways to punch with one hand...he isn't restricted to using only a jab, or roundhouse.
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 4:41:06 AM EDT
[#4]
Thx for the input,  just ordered stoegers book.

@genin: it would be nice being able to shoot close targets with both open and far targets with 1 eye closed,  but i think its much harder to shoot with both open and when im not able to practice live fire every week,  im always switching back to one eye closed automatically...
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 11:38:17 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Thx for the input,  just ordered stoegers book.

@genin: it would be nice being able to shoot close targets with both open and far targets with 1 eye closed,  but i think its much harder to shoot with both open and when im not able to practice live fire every week,  im always switching back to one eye closed automatically...
View Quote
I too am a one eye closed shooter, and just live with it.  One eye closed was the way I was taught, and it has worked doc me for many years.  Rifle is my primary weapon, and most often with iron sights, or the optics I use I shoot one eye closed.  I have an ACOG and other sighting systems that work for both eyes open, but I still shoot one eye closed.  Search with both eyes, and shoot with one eye closed.  I has worked well enough so far.

If Someone is willing to explain why I should change, and help me try and adapt to that change, I would be receptive to that.  But my way has worked, and "if it works, don't fix it" still applies to me.  But I am not closed minded about the possibility of learning a new technique.
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 2:22:02 PM EDT
[#6]
I'm tagging the crap outta this.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 7:27:48 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote
I went from "B" Class to "Master" Class in less than a year with Steve Anderson's "Refinement & Repetition".  It's also the shortest and easiest program that I've used.
Link Posted: 7/18/2017 6:36:34 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I too am a one eye closed shooter, and just live with it.  One eye closed was the way I was taught, and it has worked doc me for many years.  Rifle is my primary weapon, and most often with iron sights, or the optics I use I shoot one eye closed.  I have an ACOG and other sighting systems that work for both eyes open, but I still shoot one eye closed.  Search with both eyes, and shoot with one eye closed.  I has worked well enough so far.

If Someone is willing to explain why I should change, and help me try and adapt to that change, I would be receptive to that.  But my way has worked, and "if it works, don't fix it" still applies to me.  But I am not closed minded about the possibility of learning a new technique.
View Quote
You will be able to find targets and transition to them much faster.

Your EYES need to snap to the next target.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top