Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/3/2017 4:43:32 PM EDT
Hi guys,

First time visit to the training forum, and as I was about to start taking measures I thought, "No better place than ARFCOM.." to check.

What sort of target stands are you building and the measurements for such?

My inteng is to be able to attach large paper targets (w/out the window affecting them) or IDPA cardboard targets.  Essentially a rectangle with two legs, with sturdy bottom that can disassemble.
Link Posted: 6/3/2017 5:02:13 PM EDT
[#1]
just get this

stands
Link Posted: 6/4/2017 12:06:15 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
just get this

stands
View Quote
And this is why I come here!  Thanks dude!!!
Link Posted: 6/4/2017 6:24:02 PM EDT
[#3]
no problem, glad to help
Link Posted: 6/4/2017 6:46:42 PM EDT
[#4]
I made two of these. They work great!

https://youtu.be/9c_eA_oM_PY
Link Posted: 8/2/2017 8:59:43 PM EDT
[#5]
The dirty harrys are cool bases, but I don't like the close wood side supports (I teach too many novices who kill the posts)
Hence, modified fencing steel posts into a Harry's, with target hanger top supports.
Plus I like the sound verification of steel ping.

Target Hanger
Link Posted: 8/6/2017 7:28:14 PM EDT
[#6]
If your soil is soft. These are all I use. Can't hardly buy the material and weld for the price.

Target Barn spike stands
Link Posted: 8/7/2017 3:42:23 AM EDT
[#7]

These are some I made.  The ones on the left are Stake type target stands  They works great in soft soil.

One Nice thing is you can store a bunch in a 5 gallon bucket.
Link Posted: 8/7/2017 3:07:48 PM EDT
[#8]
Don't have a picture but...
Take 2x2" boards for the uprights. 1x2 or 1x4" for the cross pieces to attach your targets. For each base, two per target, you need the following 2" PVC pipe: Two 2' pieces, one 6" piece and one 2" "T". End caps are optional but allow pipe to be filled with water etc as needed. I have never found the need myself. The 2x2" boards will slide into the 6" section of 2" PVC.
Assemble without glue so you can replace parts that get shot.
These are cheap, easy to set up take down and transport. I have made targets from 2' to 4' wide. Even in moderate wind they have never blown down.
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 12:03:43 AM EDT
[#9]
One 8' #2 pine wall stud, some 3" deck screws, and two furring strips yields one target stand base.

Cut the stud into four 24" pieces.

Place two 24" pieces side-by-side, and space them with the firring strips (not too tight).

Place the other two 24" pieces at right angles to the first pieces, center them, and attach them using two or three deck screws driven into the ends of the side-by-side pieces

Instant target stand.

It's not rocket science, and don't get hung up on the subtleties.

They can blow over (it's windy here in the Silver State), but rocks or a filled ammo can fixes that.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top