Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/21/2017 7:34:08 PM EDT
Link Posted: 10/21/2017 9:03:55 PM EDT
[#1]
Now&Later is my new favorite watering hole.

Also I have two chips from State Craft that I should use eventually.
Link Posted: 10/22/2017 12:29:14 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/22/2017 9:25:42 AM EDT
[#3]
Butternuts Brewing in Otsego County.Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/22/2017 2:22:51 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Now&Later is my new favorite watering hole.

Also I have two chips from State Craft that I should use eventually.
View Quote
If you see the handsomely suave guy sipping on some fine porter enjoying great conversation with a good looking woman at the bar, look next to him at the fat guy that's alone. That's me.
Link Posted: 10/22/2017 2:29:00 PM EDT
[#5]
Long white hair and a beard reading a kindle at the bar?
Link Posted: 10/22/2017 2:32:31 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Long white hair and a beard reading a kindle at the bar?
View Quote
Not there now, but what’s on Tap?
Link Posted: 10/22/2017 11:36:26 PM EDT
[#7]
Southern Tier is good Ale
Link Posted: 10/23/2017 11:04:59 PM EDT
[#8]
Middle Ages Brewing - Beer from Syracuse.

My fav is Swallow Wit.
Link Posted: 10/24/2017 9:21:53 AM EDT
[#9]
I've been crushing the Saranac Octoberfest...pretty good stuff as I'm not normally a fan of Octoberfest beers
Link Posted: 10/24/2017 5:28:51 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 10/25/2017 1:07:22 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Middle Ages Brewing - Beer from Syracuse.

My fav is Swallow Wit.
View Quote
Wailing Wench.  DOUBLE WENCH!

Jester's Nectar is good too.
Link Posted: 10/25/2017 9:34:36 AM EDT
[#12]
I need to find a good local red or brown ale
Link Posted: 10/25/2017 1:33:10 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I need to find a good local red or brown ale
View Quote
I haven't been in awhile, but the best local red I had was at the Syracuse Suds factory.
Link Posted: 10/25/2017 2:19:54 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

I haven't been in awhile, but the best local red I had was at the Syracuse Suds factory.
View Quote
Well I might have to go have a look

I love red ales, I wish the IPA fad would end and switch to nice red and brown ales
Link Posted: 10/25/2017 9:10:14 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

I love red ales, I wish the IPA fad would end and switch to nice red and brown ales
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I hate IPAs, give me a Newcastle anytime!
Link Posted: 10/26/2017 2:57:44 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

On a side note, Empire had the best Amber ales I’ve ever had.  When they reopened, it became horrid.  I don’t know what happened.  Empire’s Deep Purple is outstanding for a fruity beer.
Link Posted: 10/26/2017 6:11:44 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I hate IPAs, give me a Newcastle anytime!
View Quote
I'm not a huge fan of newcastle, I like American browns more than English ones.

We need to have a beer night soon
Link Posted: 10/26/2017 10:26:26 AM EDT
[#18]
I'll see yours and raise you:

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/26/2017 10:27:27 AM EDT
[#19]
View Quote
You should drive up for some beer
Link Posted: 10/26/2017 10:58:48 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

You should drive up for some beer
View Quote
Agreed, been too long. Will bring some Kitty up when I do!
Link Posted: 10/26/2017 1:21:07 PM EDT
[#21]
If you're in the Syracuse AO, check out 315 Brewery:

http://www.local315brewing.com

They have a really good selection and a great atmosphere.  Their Soul Kiss IPA is delicious as are their Stouts.  I heard a local Judge owns it and they're pretty pro LE/ military.

I took my brother there when he was on leave and we got top notch, undeserved treatment.  Great group of people.
Link Posted: 10/26/2017 1:47:50 PM EDT
[#22]
Has anyone tried West Kill Brewery? I'm heading over there to try it after a hike.
Link Posted: 10/26/2017 6:09:15 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
If you're in the Syracuse AO, check out 315 Brewery:

http://www.local315brewing.com

They have a really good selection and a great atmosphere.  Their Soul Kiss IPA is delicious as are their Stouts.  I heard a local Judge owns it and they're pretty pro LE/ military.

I took my brother there when he was on leave and we got top notch, undeserved treatment.  Great group of people.
View Quote
Sweet I'll check it out!
Link Posted: 11/11/2017 6:35:25 PM EDT
[#24]
Kind of local. Met a guy out in Woodstock, NB that lives in Rouses Point that was/is working with Moosehead on a beer made with iceberg water called Borealis.  I can't remember all the details about the deal with the beer, but ole dude had his trailer loaded down with cases of it. I got a 6 pack of it from him. Pretty good stuff.
Link Posted: 11/12/2017 4:21:29 AM EDT
[#25]
Baldwinsville baby:

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/13/2017 1:04:10 PM EDT
[#26]
View Quote
Also delish
Link Posted: 11/13/2017 5:25:46 PM EDT
[#27]
How about we get some local beers, locally.
Link Posted: 11/13/2017 8:41:25 PM EDT
[#28]
My beer is locally made in my garage and hops grown in my backyard.

Doesn't get much more local than that
Link Posted: 11/13/2017 9:49:35 PM EDT
[#29]
Lots of good beer in NY
Southern Tier, especially if you like hops
Ellicottville
Big Ditch
Resurgence
Hamburg
12 Gates
plus ones that currently don't have cans or bottles in stores (that I know of at least) some of which do offer growler fills

Genesee's craft stuff is even good too.
Link Posted: 11/28/2017 8:55:08 PM EDT
[#30]
Attachment Attached File

It’s Canadian but it is brewed in NY now
Link Posted: 12/4/2017 12:55:58 PM EDT
[#31]
A friend and former co-worker just opened a place in Rochester, K2 Brewing.  I'm hearing good things but haven't personally sampled anything yet.

I enjoy anything from Skewed Brewing in Watertown, just had a 32oz crowler of their coconut heff last night.

Anyone up for an exchange of sorts?  I'd be willing to send someone a crowler of something local in exchange for something from your area of NY.
Link Posted: 12/5/2017 9:15:08 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
A friend and former co-worker just opened a place in Rochester, K2 Brewing.  I'm hearing good things but haven't personally sampled anything yet.

I enjoy anything from Skewed Brewing in Watertown, just had a 32oz crowler of their coconut heff last night.

Anyone up for an exchange of sorts?  I'd be willing to send someone a crowler of something local in exchange for something from your area of NY.
View Quote
The Commons (NCO Club) on Ft. Drum Brews two or three different Beers that are pretty good...
I've been told Skewed is very good, and I suppose there are several Brewers in/around Watertown...I like Beer, but very, very seldom ever Drink anymore....no particular reason, (well outside of being scared shitless of DWI/DWAI)  
Link Posted: 12/5/2017 9:43:38 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

The Commons (NCO Club) on Ft. Drum Brews two or three different Beers that are pretty good...
I've been told Skewed is very good, and I suppose there are several Brewers in/around Watertown...I like Beer, but very, very seldom ever Drink anymore....no particular reason, (well outside of being scared shitless of DWI/DWAI)  
View Quote
Ever since Skewed changed their menu from high end to bar and grill, it's been awesome, we've been probably 4-5 times in the last couple months.  Always the same order too lol, fried pickles appetizer, beer cheese n bacon burger for me, 3 degrees of kevin bacon burger for the wife, and 1-3 of their brews for me.  Wife got a pickle juice martini once that was pretty good too.  I hate being in the mall unarmed but I like that place enough to deal with it.  Wife drives when I have more than 1, so no worries there.

I actually don't know of any other successful brewers in the area.  I know places like Maggies and the place just off the square that used to be Bistro 108 have microbrews but no one else brews their own that I'm aware of.

Don't have access to Drum anymore or I'd try out the commons.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top