Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/9/2017 10:53:15 AM EDT
What's the BEST/LEGAL way to make a NY AR15 into a fixed mag configuration to make it SAFE ACT compliant?
Link Posted: 10/9/2017 11:05:02 AM EDT
[#1]
Probably one of those NY 10 lowers with the cut-out in the side of the magwell, so you can side feed. I think there is also one that takes a special stripper clip from the side.

But in my opinion, fixed mag ARs are nothing more than range toys. They can't be cleared of a malfunction easily, and obviously can't be reloaded quickly.

If you are building a compliant AR, detachable mag is the most important in my opinion. Go with the Thordsen stock and remove the muzzle device.

Sad state we live in now.
Link Posted: 10/9/2017 1:55:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Yes it is...

I went to a shoot this weekend down here in NC.. (LE range)  they looked at it was like wow thats pretty sad...

I told them yes this is what liberalism is all about and make sure you dont let this crap in down here...  

I hadnt had time to remove it and put a real stock and pistol grip on it yet..

The toys they have down here are amazing almost everyone at the shoot mostly non le had sbr's and many suppressors..

Im so glad i don't live in NY anyone and ill be happy to dump my house..

I encourage all real Americans to move out of that shit hole communist state. You will be very surprised on how much money you really dont need to live down here compared to the nanny state.
Link Posted: 10/9/2017 2:36:41 PM EDT
[#3]
I beat feet to Arizona last year what is better:
Gun freedom
Constitutional carry
Class 3 goodness
Lower cost of living
Lower taxes
More pay
Better employee benefits
Great ranges and shooting events
Better weather
Great 4 wheel drive off roading
And probably more I have forgotten!

Only thing I miss is my close friends and family, but they can escape here any time they want!
Link Posted: 10/9/2017 5:37:52 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Probably one of those NY 10 lowers with the cut-out in the side of the magwell, so you can side feed. I think there is also one that takes a special stripper clip from the side.

But in my opinion, fixed mag ARs are nothing more than range toys. They can't be cleared of a malfunction easily, and obviously can't be reloaded quickly.

If you are building a compliant AR, detachable mag is the most important in my opinion. Go with the Thordsen stock and remove the muzzle device.

Sad state we live in now.
View Quote
Yeah, I think that that stock is probably the best way to go...
Link Posted: 10/9/2017 7:09:03 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Yeah, I think that that stock is probably the best most uncomfortable way to go...
View Quote
Minor correction with my opinion!
Link Posted: 10/9/2017 8:17:53 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah, I think that that stock is probably the best most uncomfortable way to go...
You'd be surprised, if you're used to traditionally stocked rifles, it feels like that.
Link Posted: 10/9/2017 10:10:04 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
You'd be surprised, if you're used to traditionally stocked rifles, it feels like that.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

As much as I hate that we need to neuter our ARs...the Thordsen stock is perfectly comfortable. Goofy looking sure. But comfortable and functional.

And non gun people think it's a cool looking new stock...and I'm sure it pisses off Cuomo that we came up with a workaround so fast.

Fuck Cuomo.
Link Posted: 10/10/2017 9:10:00 AM EDT
[#8]
The Shop installs "Bullet-Buttons" then epoxies over them (magazine installed) then adds the extended head take-down pin....this allows  all the "evil features" sans the standard capacity magazine. To date, (that we know of/reported) the NYSP hasn't bucked this, but beware: there are still opinions being rendered as to what is and is not Legal.  We're still waiting to hear if the "Assault Weapon" used for self defense in Washington County by an ordinary, Law abiding Citizen was converted for compliance.

http://wnyt.com/news/safe-act-fort-edward-washington-county-devon-pratt-steve-coffey-justin-derway/4626522/
Link Posted: 10/10/2017 9:54:56 AM EDT
[#9]
So with this statement:  Coffey concedes that you cannot possess something that's illegal even if you have a good purpose or good intentions.

Washington County is rounding up all illegals alien and the dreamers and deporting them ?

Calls need to flood into the county and demand why they aren't
Link Posted: 10/11/2017 5:00:01 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
So with this statement:  Coffey concedes that you cannot possess something that's illegal even if you have a good purpose or good intentions.

Washington County is rounding up all illegals alien and the dreamers and deporting them ?

Calls need to flood into the county and demand why they aren't
View Quote
Well you see the "illegals" aren't as much of a threat because they can be controlled and kept under their thumb with threats of being deported.  A man with a gun IS a threat: he's not as likely to solely rely on government, and should his Liberties be challenged he could pose a problem, and there's that immature fear that anyone outside their Ranks with a gun is a hazard to their health, ironically the opposite is more true.
It's about "control" and the appearance of dominating society....think about it hard, ask questions, examine the facts, ask why, and above all else verify the answers.
Link Posted: 10/11/2017 7:16:50 AM EDT
[#11]
I already knew the answer.... Communist control my family dealt with so i totally get it..

No difference from a Liberal and a Communist its all about controlling the masses not themselves..
Link Posted: 10/11/2017 7:21:07 AM EDT
[#12]
In regards to the stock.. what really stops them from banning that next nothing..

The best to look for a Hunting Rifle aka mini-14, saiga etc...

I took the route with an ak when the original ban (2000 with the RINO George P) went into effect it was all about the mags.. So i figured ok ill just purchase a ak that could only have 5rd and 10rd mags only.. problem solved...

Nope but i didn't pay a lot for the weapon so it sits in the safe and comes out once in a blue moon too shoot.

People here in NC look at me funny to see the narrow ak mags..
Link Posted: 10/12/2017 1:21:02 PM EDT
[#13]
Fightlite SCR.
Link Posted: 10/13/2017 8:26:07 AM EDT
[#14]
Embarrassing to admit, I did register a Colt LE 6940 and went to the range for the first time in years making sure I had the paperwork in my range bag.

Hopefully family will be moving to SC in April.
Link Posted: 10/13/2017 12:42:35 PM EDT
[#15]
I shoot at a range owned by the county and there's police there fairly regularly. Everybody's got everything (Saiga 12's with pistol grips, under folder AK's, Tavors and SCARs) and nobody cares. Just don't go outside onto your front yard and threaten to shoot your neighbors dog with a fixed mag rifle.
Link Posted: 10/26/2017 9:35:58 AM EDT
[#16]
I found this online: https://www.meanarms.com/products/detail/ma-lock  It certainly seems that it would meet the NY requirements for a fixed magazine. (Although there's no REAL direction with this...) When paired with this: https://www.meanarms.com/products/detail/ma-loader-for-ar15  it might not be so bad...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top