Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/6/2017 6:31:35 AM EDT
Any recommendations for a an FFL in the Rochester area that can be used to initiate transfers?

I have several handguns that need to be transferred.
Link Posted: 10/6/2017 7:25:32 AM EDT
[#1]
Define Rochester area. Are we talking Henrietta, Fairport, Spencerport, Canandaigua? I like The Firing Pin, but they're in Bergen, some people use Beikrich in East Rochester, there's several options depending on where you're at.
Link Posted: 10/6/2017 8:45:14 AM EDT
[#2]
If the person you are transferring to lives in the same county, both of you can go directly to the PP office and do the transfer. Make sure you both have the Brady check done. It will cost you nothing.

If they live in different counties, there is paperwork that can be filled out and transferred.

You do not have to go through an FFL to do a transfer like a long gun.
Link Posted: 10/6/2017 8:57:36 AM EDT
[#3]
The Pittsford area.

These are my uncles guns that are being given to me and need to be transfered from NY to me in SC.
Link Posted: 10/6/2017 9:50:11 AM EDT
[#4]
Biekrich in East Rochester would probably be the closest.
Link Posted: 10/6/2017 12:29:16 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Biekrich in East Rochester would probably be the closest.
View Quote
Seconded. These guys are awesome. Really great to work with.
Link Posted: 10/6/2017 1:59:11 PM EDT
[#6]
I will look into them.

Good customer service and patience is a must. Unfortunately my mom will be the one bringing the guns to the FFL and she knows nothing about guns or the transfer process.
Link Posted: 10/6/2017 3:04:07 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I will look into them.

Good customer service and patience is a must. Unfortunately my mom will be the one bringing the guns to the FFL and she knows nothing about guns or the transfer process.
View Quote
I've been in there a few times, bought my first pistol from them, I've never seen anything other than good service. I've seen and gotten the "bad shop service", there's one local shop I refuse to step foot in, I will go to Beikrich any day.
Link Posted: 10/14/2017 4:03:32 PM EDT
[#8]
Thanks for the suggestions. I will be using Beikirch's after talking with them a few times.
Link Posted: 10/14/2017 7:47:07 PM EDT
[#9]
sadly after over 100 years in business, Beikirch's is or very soon will be done.  
They've already closed their PA location.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top