Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/23/2017 9:11:09 PM EDT
Okay,  here's the deal.  I am ( ostensibly ) buying a firearm from someone on Long Island....( don't worry it is vetted, on her license, yada, yada )....and what I need is a few recommendations for an FFL that can ship something from Long Island to my FFL in AZ.

What I don't know could likely fill a Queen's white pages when it comes from buying a gun FROM New York and shipping it here.

I am not sure if there is anything other than having an FFL just ship straight to FFL as is normal OR if I need to jump through certain hoops.   Also, having a trustworthy FFL I can talk to allows me AND the seller to interact reliably with one another and possibly cut down on any mistakes or bureaucratic issues that will grind everything to a halt and drive the both of us insane.

Does anyone have a good FFL they can reference?  As far as I know...the closer to Montauk the Hamptons the better.  I'll have to confirm that.  Confirm: the Hamptons.

Thank you, Gents!!!!  I sincerely appreciate any help, advice, recommendations you guys can give me.
Link Posted: 9/24/2017 8:59:29 PM EDT
[#1]
Missed you were looking in the Hamptons, Maybe Port Jeff Army Navy? I am 50 miles west of where you are looking, good luck.
Ken
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 12:24:15 AM EDT
[#2]
Thank you for the info and the PM!!!  Greatly appreciated.
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 12:31:58 PM EDT
[#3]
SPEIR, DEAN
256 EAST MAIN ST, WESTHAMPTON BEACH, NY 11978
(631) 288-1386
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 9:09:47 PM EDT
[#4]
(Is Dean still doing them?)

As far as YOUR involvement, there's NOTHING different than any other FFL to FFL sale. The minor hoop jumping takes place on this end after the seller gives it to the FFL, having to take it off their license.

I've used Dean many times, but not in recent years.
Gunbroker shows someone in Sag Harbor... but I know nothing about them.  

(I've had Stan receive guns, don't know about outgoing)
E. L. Ryder Hardware, Inc
494 Montauk Highway
East Quogue, NY 11942

Phone: 631-653-5277
Hours: 7:30am-5:00pm Mon-Sat EST
(you can also email through Gunbroker's find an FFL)
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 10:29:38 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks, guys!!!!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top