Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/28/2017 12:09:41 PM EDT
After a year and a half of searching my wife and I finally settled and purchased a home in Bethlehem  PA. FUAC!  We have wanted to escape NY ever since the passage of the UNsafe act among many other reasons.

Before leaving I called of my local state reps and surrounding districts and explained to them why we where leaving, our incomes and tax revenue they would be losing from us, and the charity I belonged to that I would now be donating my effort, money, and time to in another state.  Most didn't seem to care but I needed to get it off my chest.

PA isn't perfect but it is leaps and bounds better than NY. Our cost of living has easily been cut in half. The school district we are in is rated twice as good as where we left and school taxes are less than half.

I have been her 3 weeks now. Switched my drivers license over the first week. Last week I purchased something I have wanted for a long time. An MP5K clone. FUAC!!!!!!!

Omega 9 pistol from Atlantic. Ordered it and had it shipped to my local ffl. Extremely friendly woman had me in and out in under 10 min background checks and all. NO permit required. No adding to your license bs.

I picked up my ltc application Friday and will be turning in this week. My county takes 45 days to get your license. I will also be sending in a form 1 to sbr this pistol this week. The same ffl has a Omega 9k silencer ordered that I will be sending paperwork on when it arrives.  FUAC!!!!

I haven't posted on here much, especially since the passage of Unsafe. I voted, donated, rallied and talked to everyone I could about making sure they vote and how the democrats are destroying the state. My son was born last year and I wanted him to be able to grow up in freedom.  I just could not stomach living in such an oppressive, corrupt state anymore.

I called the state police gun unit before leaving about turning my permit in and not reregistering by 2018. They tried to talk me into keeping the license as for now I still own a rental property in NY. I laughed and told them they could kiss my a#* with their nonsense laws. My rental will be sold soon enough and sever all ties with me and NY.

Anyway. I still hope you guys can win the good fight and I will continue to donate for the cause. As for me I feel like a giant weight has been lifted and will never take my freedom for granted!

FUAC!!!!!
Link Posted: 8/28/2017 1:43:13 PM EDT
[#1]
That's probably the first thing I'd buy if I leave NY as well, although I'm into the classic non-K model with a wide handguard on it. Although some may have thought that Trump being elected would help with the laws in NY, I now see it as only fortifying NY politicians' positions on guns and going even further in the banning direction. If SCOTUS keeps up their current policy of leaving all but 100% bans intact, moving really will be the only option.
Link Posted: 8/28/2017 2:08:41 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
That's probably the first thing I'd buy if I leave NY as well, although I'm into the classic non-K model with a wide handguard on it. Although some may have thought that Trump being elected would help with the laws in NY, I now see it as only fortifying NY politicians' positions on guns and going even further in the banning direction. If SCOTUS keeps up their current policy of leaving all but 100% bans intact, moving really will be the only option.
View Quote
Ever since I shot a full auto real HK MP5 in Charleston SC 2 years ago I have wanted one worse than ever. I have always liked the. But after shooting 500 rounds full auto through one it became I had to have. Very smooth, accurate,  and controllable. Can't wait for sbr stamp and silencer.
Link Posted: 8/28/2017 2:24:07 PM EDT
[#3]
You will love the freedom.....

And you will hate coming back to NY every time..

Make sure you convince every liberal/FSA to move to NY to contain them in one location.

Yes it will take 45 days to get your permit.. but way better than NY
Link Posted: 8/28/2017 3:28:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Congrats on escaping the Gulag!  Best of luck to you and your family!
Link Posted: 8/28/2017 7:34:45 PM EDT
[#5]
Congratulations on your new found freedom !! if I move to PA I think I want to be closer to where some of the Civil War battles took place. Just because..............
Link Posted: 8/28/2017 10:18:07 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 8/29/2017 6:25:35 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 8/29/2017 6:23:48 PM EDT
[#8]
Good for you OP
Link Posted: 8/29/2017 8:51:07 PM EDT
[#9]
Congrats!
Link Posted: 8/29/2017 11:11:47 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 8/30/2017 7:44:06 AM EDT
[#11]
Slightly off topic, the 2 places that we have very mild feelers out are for North Carolina and Texas. Houston was big on the list, but after this last week, it's obvious that they're just another Long Island south shore. We seem to keep having these "100 year storms".
Link Posted: 8/30/2017 10:33:35 AM EDT
[#12]
Thank you everyone. I wish I could still vote there but for now just continuing to donate where I can is all I can do. My tenants are very pro 2a and they vote so that's a plus.

Wish I could see the frustration of Cumholes trolls when they read this thread. Words can't describe how I feel about those willing to do the bidding of the people in power who conspire to rob citizens of there rights.
Link Posted: 8/30/2017 3:52:49 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Slightly off topic, the 2 places that we have very mild feelers out are for North Carolina and Texas. Houston was big on the list, but after this last week, it's obvious that they're just another Long Island south shore. We seem to keep having these "100 year storms".
View Quote
If you do look at North C.. travel around the state a lot and really spend time.. Raleigh/Cary area is like NY... Jacksonville is more like the real south... Charlotte is like New Platz  with banking of nyc mixed in..
Link Posted: 8/30/2017 7:46:42 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Thank you everyone. I wish I could still vote there but for now just continuing to donate where I can is all I can do. My tenants are very pro 2a and they vote so that's a plus.

Wish I could see the frustration of Cumholes trolls when they read this thread. Words can't describe how I feel about those willing to do the bidding of the people in power who conspire to rob citizens of there rights.
View Quote
I believe that court jester Schummer simply shrugs his shoulders and says " they weren't going to vote for me anyways".
Prince Andrew doesn't think you're a good NYer because your views don't align with his.
Congrats on escaping.
Link Posted: 8/31/2017 8:33:27 PM EDT
[#15]
Nice, much congrats, and glad another good guy got the hell out of the cesspool...

Freedom is nice, isn't it? The third pic isn't mine, wish it was! But you can own it...

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/1/2017 8:00:25 AM EDT
[#16]
View Quote
Nice! I have a few ar15s, ar10, arsenal ak47 that suddenly appeared when I moved into my new home. Have a ton of preban stuff I can hopefully get some of my money back put of now. FUAC!!
If I haven't said it enough then one more time.   FUAC!!!!!
Link Posted: 9/1/2017 12:44:09 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
If you do look at North C.. travel around the state a lot and really spend time.. Raleigh/Cary area is like NY... Jacksonville is more like the real south... Charlotte is like New Platz  with banking of nyc mixed in..
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
They call Cary the containment area for relocated Yankees!
My suggestion for unwanted New York conservative people is Arizona!
I moved here from the Buffalo region last year and couldn't be happier!
There is much more to the region than heat cactus and snakes!
Want a moderate climate without excessive heat and mild ( very mild by my standards) winter than the quad city area ( prescott Prescott Valley Dewey chino valley) is for you
Winter sports and snow lover? Flagstaff
Love the heat metro Phoenix
Constitutional carry class 3 most pro gun state in the nation
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top